HONORS GOES GLOBAL
BROADEN YOUR HORIZONS
Study abroad is an invaluable experience that helps students become truly globally minded. An extension of the Villanova education, students studying internationally learn in a new environment, study topics from a different perspective and are challenged by new ideas in their academic pursuits. It's an opportunity to take a class not offered at Villanova, to explore a new area of interest, or to examine a discipline from a different point of view.
Honors students are encouraged to participate in a study abroad experience and may take up to six Honors credits through these programs.
Those interested in receiving Honors credits for their study abroad experience are required to meet with the Program Director for course approval prior to their semester abroad. Credits can be applied toward an Honors credential.
Honors Approved Programs
Many different study abroad programs can be approved for Honors credit. Approved programs offer students options guaranteed to receive credit.
While credit for approved programs is guaranteed, students must still meet with the Honors Director to formalize their granted credits.
IES Abroad, a Chicago-based study abroad provider, offers a number of opportunities for independent research abroad.
- Amsterdam, The Netherlands: Exploring Dutch Culture and Society
- Barcelona, Spain: Scientific Research Methodology
- Beijing, China: Recent Chinese History and Civilization
- Cape Town, South Africa: Field Experience in Environmental Management, Sustainable Practices, or Public Health
- Freiburg, Germany: Environmental Studies and Sustainability Research Assistantship
- Milan, Italy: Biology, Microbiology, Experimental Medicine, and the Social Sciences
- Santiago, Chile: Public Health Clinical Observation Internship
CIEE is a nonprofit international exchange provider, seeking to provide independent study opportunities to students in this world of expansive globalization.
- Belfast, Northern Ireland: Social Sciences, Irish Studies, Conflict Studies
- Cape Town, South Africa: African Studies, Anthropology, Economics, History, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, Religion, Sociology
- Legon, Ghana: African Studies, Archaeology, Economics, Geography, History, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, Religion, Sociology, Music and Theater Arts
- Madrid, Spain: Economics, History, Journalism, Literature Criticism/Comparative Literature, Sociology
- Madrid, Spain: Law/Legal Studies
- Nanjing, China: Chinese Language, Economics, Business, Asian Studies, Chinese History
- Perth, Australia: Sustainability, Environmental Science, Public Policy
- Santiago, Dominican Republic: Anthropological/Cultural Studies, Caribbean Literature/Music/Dance/Art, Dominican Folklore, Dominican-Haitian Relations, Economics/Political Policy, Environmental Science, Gender Studies, Historical Studies, Linguistic Studies, Poverty Relief, Public Health/HIV and AIDS Programs
- Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic: Education, Gender Studies, Migration, Spanish and Caribbean Literature, Linguistics, Religion (Popular Dominican religions and Catholicism)
- Seville, Spain: Communications, Humanities, Natural Science, Social Science, Spanish Culture, Fine Arts, Photography, Public Health, and Architecture
- Seville, Spain: Business
- Shanghai, China: Various programs
- Stellenbosch, South Africa: Geography, History, Music (Instrumental or Voice Performance), Political Science, Theology
- Taipei, Taiwan: Chinese Language, Asian Studies, Linguistics, Communications, Business, Economics
Connelly-Delouvrier International Scholars Program
The program advances international study opportunities for undergraduate students by providing financial support for one academic semester of study abroad for a select group of academically talented students.