The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences offers extensive graduate program offerings that include more than 20 master's degrees, more than 40 pre- and post-master's certificates, and Ph.D. programs in Philosophy and Theology. We also offer two fully online master's degrees in Human Resource Development and Public Administration.
How to Apply
- Bachelor’s Degree: All applicants must hold a bachelor's degree from an institution accredited by one of the regional accrediting agencies. All applicants in their last year of undergraduate study at the time of application should provide a transcript of all courses completed to date. A final transcript must be submitted to the Graduate Dean's Office listing the degree received and the date the degree was conferred. If your institution’s registrar’s office has an option for electronic transcripts, please have them sent to email@example.com. For hard mailing, our mailing address: Villanova University, Graduate Studies Office – Vasey Hall, Room 202, 800 Lancaster Ave., Villanova, PA 19085. If you are unable to have an official transcript sent to us officially through your university registrar’s office, please contact us as soon as possible.
- Pre-Requisites: All applicants must have completed the undergraduate prerequisites for graduate study in their proposed program. These prerequisites are detailed on each program’s web pages under the admission requirements.
- Non-Discrimination: Students are selected wholly on the basis of individual merit. The University does not discriminate against any students or applicants seeking admission on the basis of their race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, or gender.
- Non Matriculated and Visitor Applications: Applicants who wish to apply as non-matriculated (non-degree seeking) or visiting students must contact the Office of Graduate Studies to request the application. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org in order to apply.
Be ready to:
- Upload Unofficial Transcripts for review. For students in their last year of undergraduate study, provide an unofficial transcript of all completed courses to date.
- Upload your Statement of Goals, Resume, or other documents that might be needed as outlined by your specific program.
- Submit the names and e-mail addresses for your recommenders into the online application form. Recommender email addresses are required before an application can be submitted. Recommendations should be written by those who can speak of your capacity for graduate study. Ideally, letters should be academic in nature, but some programs may also accept professional letters. Check your program-specific requirements for details.
- Contact ETS to have official GRE or TOEFL score sent (if required). Villanova's school code is 2959.
- Pay $50 non-refundable application processing fee by credit card (online). Application fee waivers are available to any applicant who attends a virtual or on-campus event.
This $50 fee is non-refundable. You will have the opportunity to pay by credit card after you submit your application online.
The application fee is waived for the following individuals: 1) Those who already hold a Villanova University degree (undergraduate or graduate) 2) Those who have attended a Villanova Event (open house, online or in- person information session) 3) McNair Scholars. We ask McNair Scholars to have their program administrator send a letter or email to us confirming your participation in the program.
Villanova will accept unofficial transcripts uploaded by applicants into the online application system. The admissions committee will review your application based on unofficial transcripts. If an offer of admission is made, it will be contingent upon you submitting official university/college transcripts bearing the seal of the institution and the signature of the registrar sent directly by mail or by electronic transmission from your Registrar's Office prior to enrollment. Transcripts are required for all previous undergraduate (and graduate where applicable) education where you earned more than 9 credits. One copy of each transcript is sufficient. Transcripts from colleges and universities outside of the U.S. and Canada must include a certified course-by-course evaluation provided by one of the organizations listed on the NACES website in addition to the original language document.
Students who fail to submit official transcripts by two weeks before the first day of classes will not be permitted to enroll.
Please have official digital transcripts sent to email@example.com and hard copies of official transcripts sent to:
Office of Graduate Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Vasey Hall - Suite 202
800 Lancaster Avenue
Villanova, PA 19085