Strategic Plan Progress Report
Villanova’s Strategic Plan is an ambitious effort to guide the University forward over the next decade. Rooted in our Augustinian Catholic values, and restless in our desire to ignite change, the plan builds on our strengths and invests in critical areas to enhance the Villanova experience for our entire community, including undergraduate, graduate, doctoral and law students, as well as faculty, staff and alumni.
Rooted. Restless. outlines an exciting future that is uniquely Villanovan. It was developed with input from more than 5,000 Villanovans who were actively engaged in a community-based and iterative process, resulting in a powerful consensus of present and future priorities.
Highlights of Villanova’s Current Priorities for Investment
Updated February 2022
- Construction on the Center for Engineering Education and Research (CEER) expansion, which will create interdisciplinary research facilities and state-of-the art instruction spaces for the College of Engineering.
- Create a University-wide office of graduate education and research to enhance the graduate student experience and provide greater centralized support for the needs of these students.
- Establish the St. Thomas of Villanova Center for the Common Good, a consolidated University-wide service office.
- Continue adding new, full-time faculty positions across the schools and colleges to help enhance research and scholarship at the University.
- Further strengthen Villanova’s research enterprise through infrastructure investments and the establishment of a small projects grant seed program.
- Launch of a new fund to support course development, instructional excellence, technology investments, and more.
- Invest in employee development and retention by expanding leadership and skills training that supports professional growth.
WHAT WE'VE ACHIEVED
Highlights of Villanova’s Progress to Date
Updated February 2022
- Received funding and ongoing resources for new Research Acceleration Fund to fast-track the University’s most promising research projects.
- Acquired over $2 million in funding for new instrumentation to enhance research opportunities in chemical analysis, spectroscopy, microscopy and imaging.
- Established a centralized Office of Online Programs to support Villanova's fully online and hybrid graduate programs.
- Completed select donor-funded academic facilities projects for the University Career Center and Office of Veterans and Military Service Members.
- Introduced dedicated career programming for alumni at different stages of their professional lives.
- Increased staffing for education, training and student retention in the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and the Center for Access, Success and Achievement (CASA).
- Adopted a university-wide Sustainability Plan, guided by the principles of Catholic social teachings.
- Implemented a new software platform that enhances Undergraduate advising capabilities.
- Upgraded technology in classrooms and other spaces on campus to support in-person, hybrid and simulcast teaching.