Hubbard, John Charles, physicist; born in Boulder Colorado on April 16, 1879 to James Edwin and Rhoda Maude (Duke) Hubbard; Bachelor of Science, University of Colorado, 1901; Ph.D. Clark University, 1904. LL.D., Loyola College, Baltimore, 1938. Married Gertrude L. Pardieck, February 9, 1929. Instructor in physics at Simmons College, Boston. 1904-1905; Assistant professor of physics department, New York University, 1904-1906, Clark University, 1906-1911; Professor of physics Clark college, 1911-1916; professor and head of physics department, New York University, 1916-1927; professor same, Johns Hopkins University, 1927-1946; physicist, Radiation Laboratory, Johns Hopkins University, 1946-1947; research professor of physics, Catholic University of America, 1947---. Director of summer work in physics, New York University, 1906, University of Colorado, 1912, 1914: research engineer, Western Electric Company, summer 1917. Commander captain Signal Corps, U.S.R. Division of Research and Inspection, September 29, 1917; active service in France, information sect. Office of chief signal Officer, A.E.F.; official historian, Signal corps, A.E.F.; major, October 4, 1918; discharged May 20, 1919. Awarded Mendal Medal, Villanova College, 1946. Officier d'Academie Instruction Publique, 1919. Fellow A.A.A.S., American Academy of Arts and Sciences, American Physical Society; member of Beta Theta Pi, Phi Beta Kappa, Sigma Xi; representative of the American Institution of Physics on American Engring. Standards Com.; member at large Division of Physical Sciences of National Research Council, 1931-1933; sec. member National Defense Research Committee. Clubs: Johns Hopkins (Baltimore); Andiron (New York). Author various papers giving results of original physical research. Associate editor Physical Rev., 1933-1935. Roman Catholic. Address: 4304 13th Place N.E. Washington. Died August 2, 1954; buried Richmond, Ind.
Who Was Who in America. Volume III, 1951-1960. Chicago: Marquis Who's Who, 1960. p. 424.
Professor of Physics, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Md.