The Office of International Studies is committed to the health and safety of our students studying overseas.
- Villanova University Student Handbook
Villanova University policies and procedures relating to overseas study, including health and safety abroad
- U.S. State Department, Bureau of Consular Affairs
Travel advisories, consular information sheets, and public announcements.
- U.S. State Department, Travel Warnings
Villanova University will not send students to countries currently under a travel warning.
- U.S. State Department
Services and information for Americans Students Abroad.
- Center for Disease Control (CDC)
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is recognized as the lead federal agency for protecting the health and safety of people - at home and abroad, providing credible information to enhance health decisions, and promoting health through strong partnerships.
- Emergency Telephone Numbers
List of emergency numbers throughout the world. Add these to your IMPORTANT NUMBERS wallet card that you received at pre-departure orientation.
- The Center for Global Education
Resources for students planning to study abroad.
- SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome) Resources
- NAFSA: Association of International Educators
- Promoting health and safety in study abroad
Inter organizational task force on safety and responsibility in study abroad.
- It's Your World, the StudyAbroad.com Handbook
Advice for students abroad, by Bill Hoffa.