Villanova University, School of Business Global Citizens Program
The Global Citizens Program is only open to Villanova University freshman who will be enrolled in the Villanova School of Business. This sixteen week overseas study experience combines academic coursework with a practical internship located in either London or Singapore.
This program is designed to offer a unique and life-altering academic experience to first year business students, thereby enabling participants to:
- Stimulate greater intellectual curiosity early in their college careers
- Challenge pre-conceived notions of the world
- Test career assumptions early
- Start building resumes and allow for more competitive future jobs
- Have the opportunity to study overseas later as a sophomore, junior, or first semester senior.
Application to the Program
Participants are selected based on their high school academic credentials and will receive an invitation to apply. All invited students interested in applying must submit the following information to the Office of International Studies no later than April 1, 2013. Applications can be sent via email (email@example.com) or sent by regular post to the Office of International Studies at Villanova University.
- A two page essay (if emailing, please save word document as "GCP essay - FIRST NAME LAST NAME")
- Completed application form (if emailing, please save word document as "GCP application - FIRST NAME LAST NAME")
- Color copy of the photo page of your passport - lack of passport does not make you ineligible, but please apply for a passport now.
On the application form, you must indicate your top choice location (i.e. London or Singapore.) If you are not admitted to your top choice program, you may be offered a placement in the other program location, on a rolling admissions basis. Applications submitted after the April 1st deadline will be automatically waitlisted in the order that they are received. You will receive a confirmation email when your application is received and all participants will be notified of their acceptance by April 19, 2013.
Cost of the Global Citizens Program
GCP participants pay normal Villanova semester tuition directly to Villanova University. Students are entitled to all approved Villanova grants and scholarship aid. All GCP housing costs are also included in the cost of tuition, but students are responsible for flights, meals and other personal expenses. Please note that this billing situation is unique to GCP participants and the tuition policy will differ for any future semester study abroad experiences. Estimated additional costs and meal options can be discussed with the staff of the Office of International Studies prior to departure.
For further information, please contact the Office of International Studies, Middleton Hall, Villanova, PA 19085-1699, or by phone: 610-519-6412 fax: 610-519-7649