Location: Madrid, Spain - European Study Abroad (EUSA)
Program has been cancelled for Summer 2013. Program will be offered every other year.
This 7.5 week program offers students the opportunity to combine classroom experience with a six-week, three-credit internship arranged by the premier provider of professional internships in Europe: European Study Abroad (EUSA).
- Requirements Minimum 2.75 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Completion of Intermediate Spanish language sequence or equivalent (For VU students: Completion of SPA1122)
Villanova University will sponsor a group trip to Toledo and Segovia. This excursions is optional and included in the program cost. Students will have the opportunity to travel to other areas if they choose to not participate in the group excursions. These costs will be assumed by the student.
The Madrid summer internship program includes a 3-credit course and a six-week internship. Students will receive a total of six (6) credits in total for the program.
Students take the REQUIRED course of study below:
Orientation week: Intensive Social and Professional Spanish (14 contact hours)
ECO 3108: Global Political Economy – Spain 3 credits
Course satisfies the VSB ECO3108 requirement. For VSB students who have already completed this requirement, arrangements may be made with Dr. Taylor to pursue an independent study in economics/
This course will begin during the first week in Spain with subsequent meetings on Wednesday evenings for the remainder of the stay. This course will be taught in a seminar format with a final 10-page paper due no later than August 19, 2011.
Previous internship participants have been placed in the following companies: *Please note that internships are guaranteed, however these particular internships are subject to change and assignment takes place after the conclusion of the interview process.
- Financial Services: American Express, Citibank VISA, Merrill Lynch Private Bankings
- IT & Telecoms: Oracle, Philips Espana, Afina Sistemas, British Telecom, Electronic Data Systems
- Marketing: Asesores 2000, Continuity Company, Miami International Airport Marketing, Ogilvy One
- Consulting: International Venture Consultants, Deloitte Consulting, Analistas Financieros Internacionales
- Hospitality, Food, Travel: Allied Domecq, American Airlines, Grupo Zena, Hotel Ritz, Hotel Suecia
- Fashion & Retail: Elle, L'Oreal, Vogue, Stefanel, Spaulding