If you can't go abroad for the semester, there are plenty of summer options available. Students may choose to participate in a Villanova Summer Program, but there are many non-Villanova Summer Programs too. All non-Villanova Summer Programs must meet the same program criteria as the semester programs, in addition to the following points:
- All students must attend a group information session held in the Office of International Studies
- All programs should meet Villanova University's policy regarding overseas study and must be at least six weeks long.
- All students must take at least two courses for a total of six Villanova credits (If the program is a longer duration, students may take more credits - i.e. a 9 week program may yield 9 VU credits)
- If studying in a non-English speaking country, students must take at least one course in the language.
- All students must fill out a Prior Approval Form with an adviser in the Office of International Studies to receive credit. The final official overseas transcript must be sent to the OIS.
- Though full tuition payment for a non-Villanova summer program is made to the Host University or Program Provider, an additional administrative fee of $250 will be added to the student's Villanova bill for participation in a non-Villanova summer program.
|Non-Villanova Summer Program Options:|
|Korea||Yonsei University International Summer School|
|Norway||International Summer School University of Oslo|
|Japan||Princeton in Ishikawa|
|Denmark||Copenhagen Business School|
|Denmark||Danish Institute for Study Abroad|
|England||International Summer School University of Sussex|
|England||University of Cambridge International Programs|
|Germany||Freie Universitat Berlin International School|
|Germany||Science and Engineering Summer Experience Technische Universitat Braunschweig|
|Australia||University of New South Wales|
|Scotland||Scottish Universities’ International Summer School|
|Netherlands||Utrecht Summer School|
|Egypt||American University of Cairo|
|Sweden||Uppsala International Summer Session|