As international educators, the staff of the Office of International Studies promises to:
- Act in such a way that students’ best interests are represented in our advising, programming, and support services.
- Seek to further students’ academic goals and address those needs that stem from more holistic--personal, developmental, social concerns.
- Operate in a way that is consistent with the mission of an Augustinian university, which “encourages an understanding and appreciation of the diversity of cultures and experiences… and the development of an international perspective.”
- Underscore individual advising with the premise that ALL students that study overseas will still graduate on time, given that they successfully complete all approved courses.
- Serve as an academic resource during all aspects of the overseas educational experience: before, during, and after the sojourn.
- Provide the most up-to-date information available on programs, health and safety matters, and cross-cultural issues.
- Create, promote, or suggest programs offering students the most immersion in the local host culture, and avoid those programs that treat students merely as customers or academic tourists.
- Remember that the primary constituent for this Office is always the students, not parents, overseas colleagues, or personal contacts.