Our mission is to provide the highest quality comprehensive career services empowering members of the Villanova University community to choose and attain personally rewarding careers.
Welcome and thank you for your interest in the Career Center. As partners, we can provide students with the knowledge, resources and skills to be successful in their careers. Villanova students are extremely successful in acquiring jobs and attending prestigious graduate schools. Please view our Placement Statistics pages for more details.
The Career Center offers the following services to all members of the Villanova University community:
- Career Counseling - Professional counselors provide guidance on topics such as career choices, choosing a major, the job search, graduate school advising, as well as administer the Strong Interest Inventory. Call 610-519-4060 for an appointment.
- careers.villanova.edu - Website providing various career related tools including "What Can I Do With This Major," resume & cover letter samples, how to navigate a career fair, how to network and more!
- GoNOVAJobs - Each student has a GoNOVAJobs account through the Career Center which enables them to upload resumes, view more than 5,000 job postings exclusive to Villanovans, obtain employer contact information and participate in On-Campus Recruiting.
- On-Campus Recruiting Program - Approximately 300 organizations visit campus each year to interview for full time & internship positions
- Practice Interviews - Videotaped practice interviews help job applicants discern interviewing strengths and weaknesses. Or use InterviewStream online anytime.
- Special Events - Various programs are sponsored by the Career Center throughout the year: Fall and Spring career fairs; career panels; and information sessions
- Career Assistants - Specially trained student volunteers assist other students with resume preparation, organizing a job search, & other Career Center services
- Credentials Service - Reference materials used to support graduate school or employment requirements may be filed and accessed through the Career Center
- Graduate School Information -Information for graduate school testing and preparation software are available. The Career Library houses resources useful in identifying programs and tools to aid in the application process.
- Career Library - Resources range from career exploration to employer directories to graduate school information
- Workshops & Seminars - Various workshops are delivered throughout the year, and staff are available to speak with student groups, classes and organizations.
We appreciate the opportunity to educate students about the job-search process, teach them skills, and make them aware of career resources.
How to request a presentation:
- In order to best accommodate your request, please make your request at least two weeks in advance. Sometimes we are able to accomodate last-minute requests, however, that is dependent on the time of year.
- E-mail the Career Center or call 610-519-4060 with:
- preferred day(s) and date, class time, and location
- the size of your class and compostion (graduate, undergraduate, class year, majors)
- your contact information
- A counselor will then be in touch to confirm and finalize the program details.
|Career Center Liaisons|
|David Leibig||Pre-Law Advisor, and Liaison to the College of Nursing, Sciences and Athletics|
|Carol Lloyd||Liaison to the School of Business|
|Kevin Grubb||Liaison to the College of Engineering, and work on the office's social media campaign|
|Sheila Doherty||Liaison to the College of Arts|
|Kathleen Bracken||Liaison to the Alumni Association|