VITAL (Villanova Institute for Teaching and Learning) provides and coordinates resources for faculty members from all disciplines who are interested in helping their students become more effective learners.
- Consultations with individuals, departments or other groups interested in revising courses, reviewing curricula, exploring new teaching strategies, assessing students' learning, developing peer review processes, and related issues.
- Confidential classroom observations with constructive feedback.
- Instructional diagnosis of students' learning in individual courses.
- Workshops and informal discussion groups on issues such as balancing teaching and research, designing and implementing flipped approaches, considering students' learning styles, incorporating ePortfolios for reflection and documentation of students' learning, and teaching effectively with technology.
- Consultation for digital recording of a class session.
- Program for new Villanova faculty members.
- Minigrants to support innovative teaching and learning.
- Faculty Online Café to exchange teaching experiences with Villanova faculty colleagues, keep your teaching fresh, collaborate on effective practices, generate new ideas for teaching face-to-face, blended, and online, discuss current topics, and learn about teaching-related events at Villanova. To access the Faculty Café, go to elearning.villanova.edu, select the university seal to sign in, and click Faculty Online Café.
- Materials and Library: Materials related to teaching, learning, assessment, and professional academic development, books, journals, onlineTeaching Professor Newsletter.
- Essays on Teaching Excellence.