VITAL (Villanova Institute for Teaching and Learning) provides and coordinates resources for faculty members from all disciplines who are interested in helping their students become more effective learners.
- Consultations with individuals, departments or other groups interested in revising courses, reviewing curricula, exploring new teaching strategies, assessing students' learning, developing peer review processes, and related issues.
- Confidential classroom observations with constructive feedback.
- Instructional diagnosis of students' learning in individual courses.
- Workshops and informal discussion groups on issues such as balancing teaching and research, teaching large classes effectively, considering students' learning styles, and using instructional technology.
- Consultation for classroom videotaping.
- Program for new Villanova faculty members.
- Minigrants to support innovative teaching and learning.
- Library/resource center of books, journals, and other materials related to teaching and learning.
- Teaching Excellence newsletter.
- Teaching-Talk, the email discussion list for Villanova faculty members. Send an email to email@example.com, and she will send you information about how to subscribe to this list.