Desktop Management Services are a group of systems and services that manage the laptops and desktops for the campus.
- Gateway: The Villanova Secure Gateway is a service that provides University faculty and staff secure remote access to Villanova network resources from anywhere on the Internet.
- NAC/Safe Connect: The Villanova Secure Gateway is a service that provides University faculty and staff secure remote access to Villanova network resources from anywhere on the Internet.
- KACE: Software Systems Management System that provides inventory, patching, and application distribution
- Bomgar: Provides remote desktop access for IT support and troubleshooting.
- Citrixweb: Provides a virtual academic software repository, accessible for all computing platforms from any web browser and computing platform.
- vDesktop--vDesktop is UNIT's virtual desktop technology that provides access to a high performing virtual machine through a variety of devices. vDesktop allows users to access OS and various software applications virtually via any computer with an internet connection.
- FireEye: Identifies and eliminates malware from Internet traffic to the Villanova campus network. It is a proactive approach to improve end user computing security.
- Symantec/AV: Symantec Endpoint Protection provides state-of-the-art defense against all types of attacks for both physical and virtual systems. Seamlessly integrating the essential security tools you need into a single, high performance agent with a single management console, Symantec Endpoint Protection provides leading protection without slowing you down.
- Symantec Ghost: Image creation, cloning and distribution solution on campus.
Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
How to Access the Service
- Gateway: The service can be accessed through the gateway and logging in with your Villanova user name and password.
- Safe Connect/NAC: Safe Connect is accessible in the residential network and a limited number of administrative buildings.
- KACE: Access the software distribution portal and log in with your Villanova userid and password.
- Bomgar: Access IT support remote assistance
- Citrixweb: Access the Citrixweb portal, log in with Villanova userid and password.
- vDesktop: Access a virtual desktop image and login with your Villanova username and password.
- Symantec Endpoint Protection: Download antivirus software
There are no fees associated with this service.
Further Information or Support
Please contact the HelpDesk at 610-519-7777
You can also fill out a help desk ticket.