Desktop Management Services are a group of systems and services that manage the laptops and desktops for the campus.
- Gateway: The Villanova Secure Gateway is a service that provides University faculty and staff secure remote access to Villanova network resources from anywhere on the Internet.
- SCCM (System Center Configuration Manager): Software Systems Management System that provides inventory, patching, and application distribution
- Bomgar: Provides remote desktop access for IT support and troubleshooting.
- Citrixweb: Provides a virtual academic software repository, accessible for all computing platforms from any web browser and computing platform.
- vDesktop--vDesktop is UNIT's virtual desktop technology that provides access to a high performing virtual machine through a variety of devices. vDesktop allows users to access OS and various software applications virtually via any computer with an internet connection.
- Symantec/AV: Symantec Endpoint Protection provides state-of-the-art defense against all types of attacks for both physical and virtual systems. Seamlessly integrating the essential security tools you need into a single, high performance agent with a single management console, Symantec Endpoint Protection provides leading protection without slowing you down.
- Symantec Ghost: Image creation, cloning and distribution solution on campus.
- MDT (Microsoft Deployment ToolKit): Create and maintain standard images and also can be used to extend the operating system deployment features available in Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager.
How to Access the Service
- Gateway: The service can be accessed through the gateway and logging in with your Villanova user name and password.
- Bomgar: Access IT support remote assistance
- Citrixweb: Access the Citrixweb portal, log in with Villanova userid and password.
- vDesktop: Access a virtual desktop image and login with your Villanova username and password.
- Symantec Endpoint Protection: Download antivirus software