Blackboard Learn is Villanova’s official learning management system. Blackboard provides a comprehensive suite of tools for delivering instruction to students over the web, including quizzing, assignments, course materials, discussion groups, and grading. Blackboard requires authentication via your Villanova ID, and is available by visiting the Blackboard site.
Faculty can opt to use Blackboard for their section(s) at any time by visiting Blackboard.
Please visit the Blackboard home page for more information and services, such as training, links to information on integrated applications, copying and merging of sections within WebCT, Wimba, known issues, etc.
- Instructional Design
- Distance Learning Support
- Flipped Classroom
- Video Recording and Production
- Online Testing
- Respondus LockDown Browser
- Content Creation Assistance
- Discussion boards, wikis, and blogs
- Create Bb Organizations for groups of staff, faculty, and students which are not part of a course. Organizations give the look and feel of a course but are for specialized groups.
Faculty can sign up for training here.
How to Request the Service
All users are required to have a Villanova ID to access Blackboard. Most users must be affiliated with Villanova University as a student, faculty or staff. The decision to utilize the service is up to the individual faculty, department or college, so students may not have content in all of their classes listed.
How to Access the Service
Blackboard is a web-based service. To access, please visit Blackboard at https://elearning.villanova.edu
Contact an Instructional Designer: