Access to computer systems and networks owned or operated by Villanova University imposes certain responsibilities and obligations and is granted subject to university policies, and local, state, and federal laws. This policy serves to outline the obligations of any vendor who does business with or for the university or acts as the university’s agent with regards to provisioning, accessing, or otherwise utilizing university IT resources.
1. Vendor agrees to develop, implement, maintain and use appropriate administrative, technical and physical security measures to preserve the confidentiality, security, integrity and availability of all maintained or transmitted Villanova data.
2. Vendor agrees to only use Villanova data, systems, resources, integrations, and access solely for the original purpose for which it was intended as stipulated in any contract which exists between Vendor and Villanova University.
3. Vendor will not mine Villanova data for any purpose whether internal or external to Vendor Company.
4. Vendor will not share Villanova data with any third party, without express permission of the University in writing.
5. Vendor agrees to use Villanova data, systems, resources, integrations and access in a manner which is consistent with the Mission of the university.
6. Vendor agrees to comply with all local, state, and federal laws as they apply to Villanova systems and data.
7. Vendor agrees to be knowable about and comply with all other Villanova policies.
8. The use of Villanova resources to access, further or otherwise participate in activity which is inconsistent with the mission of the university is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to the following: illegal activity, sexually explicit material, hate speech, violent behavior & bullying, spam, hacking, etc. An exemption is granted for individuals engaged in normal pedagogic related activities or research, provided that it is consistent with Villanova’s mission.
This policy applies to all vendors who do business with or for the university or acts as the university’s agent with regards to provisioning, accessing, or otherwise utilizing university IT resources or data. This policy likewise applies, whether or not the vendor conducts physical business on Villanova’s campus.
All vendors who are on campus and who require access to data closets or other infrastructure equipment must first register with UNIT.
The latest version of this document can be found on the Villanova University website at: http://www1.villanova.edu/villanova/unit/about/policies/7030.html
Complete listings of all University IT Policies can be found here: http://www1.villanova.edu/villanova/unit/about/policies.html
Any violation of this policy may result in termination of services or agreements with the vendor, subject to specific language which may be detailed in any contractual agreement between the vendor and Villanova University.
Version 1.0 Approved November 11, 2015 by VP&CIO Stephen Fugale and the University Council on Information Technology (UCIT).