Skillsoft is an internationally awarded and recognized leader for providing online courseware, videos and other learning objects (“assets”) to enhance your professional and IT skills. SkillPort is available 24/7 via your Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE) Firefox and Chrome browsers.
What Do I Need to Get Started?
In addition to having an active account (request from UNIT's Help Desk), you must do a few things to get our computer ready to use Skillsoft.
1. Sound: You need to have headphones or speakers plugged in to use Skillsoft to its fullest potential. These can be purchased at any computer store.
2. Flash: Skillsoft uses the Flash application to deliver its courses, so you will need to ensure that you have a recent version. Skillsoft will prompt you if you need to download anything.
SkillSoft offers a significantly broader range of learning solutions to meet your learning needs.
Learning plan development at the individual and manager contribution level, easy to navigate interface, catalogs that 'make sense,' pre- and post-tests to confirm necessity of course.
- Courseware Expansion
The courseware library has several topics and broad depth. See the Course Catalog in Skillsoft.
- Video Collection for Desktop Applications
Review 3-5 minute videos on your favorite applications for the desktop: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and many more.
- Possible Applications
Professional development, IT skill improvement, etc.
Why Use Skillsoft?
For faculty and staff unable to attend a UNIT Workshop, e-learning using Skillsoft is a great way to learn how to use many software programs or prepare for an exam.
A series of short, self-paced, interactive lessons and videos allow you to move at your own pace whenever you are available.
All that you need to use this service is:
- a computer with internet acces
- a browser
- a set of speakers or headphones
- a login account available from the Help Desk.
Login to Skillsoft if you already have an account.
Who Can Use Skillsoft?
- Full-time and part-time faculty
- Full-time and part-time staff
How can I get an account?
Contact the UNIT Helpdesk to request that an account be created for you. Use the code SETS. Within 48 hours, your account will be created and your login information will be emailed to your Villanova address.
- You can join Skillsoft's online community.
- You can also ask one of thier experts for assistance if you don't understand a concept from the course.
After you receive an account, you may want to take a 45 minute workshop on How to Use Skillsoft.