All UNIT hardware technicians are A+, Dell and Apple certified and are authorized to do warranty repairs for all laptops and desktops across campus. We provide service and support for the entire Villanova community. Below are some guidelines for the issuing computer equipment and its service and disposal. Please contact Technology Support Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or call ext. 9-7777 if you have any questions.
Warranty service and repairs
All computer equipment is purchased with a 3 year extended warranty. This allows us to repair most hardware incidents without any extra cost to our users. However, some repairs are not covered by this warranty and there will be charges if non warranty repairs are needed. The items listed below are not covered under warranty.
- Screen cracks due to drops or mishandling.
- Cracks to the bottom or top casing due to drops
- Liquid spills on the equipment
- Lost or stolen equipment
- UNIT will provide all full-time staff and faculty the following: our standard computer; keyboard; mouse; and monitor.
- New equipment will be provided consistent with the model year the campus is currently in.
- Part time staff and faculty are not eligible. Each individual department handles any computer needs.
- The computer equipment is university property with an asset tag assigned by UNIT.
- Faculty and staff supported by research grants are not eligible.
- If a faculty/staff member leaves the university, their current computer equipment, University property, will be reassigned to the position replacement.
- If a position is vacated and will not be filled, the department should contact UNIT to pick-up the computer equipment so it can re-purposed across campus as needed. The equipment should not be reassigned without UNIT approval. Contact Technology Support Services at email@example.com, submit a ticket to the Self Service Helpdesk, or call us at 9-7777.
UNIT will properly recycle used laptop and desktop computers that have come to the end of their life cycle. Please do not throw old computer equipment in the trash. Many parts of a computer contain material that will be hazardous to the environment if not properly disposed. Please contact Technology Support Services at firstname.lastname@example.org, submit a ticket to the Self Service Helpdesk, or call us at 9-7777 and we will schedule a time to pick up your laptop and desktop computers, data wipe all drives and store it for electronics recycling to pick up. All other electronic recycling including, monitors, printers, keyboards, mice, cables, TV’s, projectors, etc. are now being picked up by Facilities for disposal.