Submit ticket here.
MyNova is Villanova University’s web portal that provides personalized access to web services (email, Banner web, Blackboard.) You can customize MyNova so that the information and tools you need and want are available when you log in.
MyNova is currently only available to prospective fulltime undergraduate students, faculty, current students and staff.
Go to http://mynova.villanova.edu and you will see a login area on the left side of the window. Your user name and password is the same as your email login/password.
If you have already had a MyNova account created for you, but do not remember your password, you can reset it at https://vusecurevip.villanova.edu/psppassword/selfresetpassword. If you have forgotten your username or have any other questions regarding your MyNova account, please email email@example.com.
To find your version of Internet Explorer click Help in IE, then clicking About Internet Explorer. You can download the latest version if Microsoft Internet Explorer by clicking here.
For security reasons, you should NOT opt to have MyNova save your login information. Saving login information potentially permits anyone to logon to that PC with your credentials, allowing them to assume your identity and access to university services and content.
Like any other unrecognized site per your browser settings, you may get a pop-up blocker. You can add it to the list of trusted sites under the drop-down arrow options.
To ensure maximum security you must log out of MyNova so other computer users don’t access your personal information. Like any other Villanova site, the information contained within it is secure. Only certain webpages will have the key lock symbol (denotes SSL-secure socket layer) where the security is necessary. SSL is in effect, and runs in the background and is invoked when needed during login or when sensitive information is being passed.
The default tabs and sections are customized for each person based on their role with the university. For example, anyone taking courses will get a "Student" tab, employees of the university will see a "Work@VU" tab, etc. These tabs can be customized and more tabs can be added. Instructions for customizing can be found int he Quick Start Guide.
Your MyNova session will automatically time out and disconnect after 90 minutes of inactivity and you will be logged out of the system. This is to provide better security for your information.
- In IE 7 (or above), open MyNova.
- Click the Home button's drop down arrow.
- Select the first option to use this as your only home page.
- Click Yes.
- Click Content Layout to the left of “Welcome, Your Name.”
- Click the Add Tab button (It should be to the left of a button called Fragments.)
- Name your tab, in this case it would be your Generic Email account name.
- Under Select the Type, click the radio button next to Framed – URL.
- Type in the URL: https://firstname.lastname@example.org (make sure it is https, not http, it already puts in http:// - you just need to add the “s” and then complete the URL.)
- Select a position for the tab. You only have a choice between the left or right of the My Tab.
- Click the Submit button.
Yes, they are located on the Home Tab in the Links Channel on the Useful Links tab.
M<yNova is Villanova's corporate branding for SunGard's Luminis portal product. Since it is a web portal, Villanova is in charge of the content, design and how it is delivered to you.
- Office of University Admission
- Department of Human Resources
- Office of University Communication and Marketing
- Office of Registrar
- Office of Institutional Advancement
- Office of Financial Assistance
- Enrollment Management
- Financial Affairs
- Alumni Affairs
- IT Coordinators and faculty members representing several academic departments.
Call the Villanova Help Desk at 610-519-7777 or ext. 97777.
Chat Support Hours:
Mondays - Thursdays: 9AM - 7PM
Fridays: 9AM - 4PM
Submit ticket here.
If you are currently experiencing network connection issues, please fill out and submit this form so that we can help troubleshoot this issue.
Student Job Application
Apply for a job working in UNIT
Get connected to the most current and accurate research in the IT industry