This policy is intended to protect the integrity of the campus network, to mitigate the risks and losses associated with security threats to computing resources and to ensure secure and reliable network access and performance for the University community. This policy is necessary to provide a reliable campus network to conduct the University's business and prevent unauthorized access to institutional, research or personal data. In addition, the University has a legal responsibility to secure its computers and networks from misuse.
- Provide a reliable campus network and Internet connection to conduct the University's business.
- Provide only authorized access to institutional, research or personal data and information.
- Protect computer system and network integrity at Villanova University.
Specifically, this policy will protect University computing resources from:
- Unauthorized access to resources and/or information
- Unintended and/or unauthorized Disclosure of information
- Denial of Service attacks.