Located on South Campus, Katharine and St. Monica Halls are "twin," four-story residences that opened in 1985. Katharine Hall traditionally houses 160-200 male and female residents enrolled in the Art and Culture, Global Community, Environmental Leadership, or Healthy Living Learning Communities in double and converted triple rooms.
Katharine Hall is named in honor of Mother Katharine Mary Drexel (1858-1955), founder of the Sisters of the Blessed Sacrament (1891). Having inherited a fortune from her banker father, Mother Katharine used it to fund mission schools and churches for Native and African Americans.
Standard Double Room Furnishings
Tripled Room Furniture
Closets do not have doors. Students often bring tension rods with curtains or shower curtains to block view of closet from the rest of the room. Closet door openings are 48".