Before canceling your Housing Contract, there are some actions that you will need to take to protect both parties, you and the University.
- You must speak with a staff member in Office for Residence Life to order to cancel your Housing Contract as only a Staff Member of the Office for Residence Life is authorized to do this.
- You will be asked to sign the bottom portion of the Housing Contract to officially cancel your housing for the semester.
- If you are canceling your housing contract due to:
- an academic reason (e.g., withdrawing from the University, participating in a study abroad or internship program, taking a leave of absence) you will not be charged the $300 cancellation fee for breaking your housing contract.
- the fact that you are moving off-campus, you will be charged the $300 cancellation fee, which is outlined in the Housing Contract.
To appeal this charge, you must email email@example.com.
Note: By canceling your housing contract to move off-campus or to take a leave of absence, you are choosing to forego your housing guarantee. Therefore, you will not be guaranteed housing either upon your return to school or if you wish to live on campus again. You may however, place your name on a waiting list for on-campus housing.