A Diversity Program must:
- Comply with DPC’s mission
- Enhance our appreciation of diversity efforts
- Not coincide with a specific religious observance that may exclude some members of the community
- Not reflect stereotypes or assumptions about any ethnic or political group, lifestyle preference, or gender.
- Be well researched and accurately reflect the highlighted cultures
- Invite all community members to attend, not just those who are members of the topic being presented
- Accessible to community member with disabilities
- Be prepared to confront insensitive comments or gestures from participants.