Service Site Leaders (SSLs) are responsible for coordinating a group of Villanova volunteers at one of the MLK Day of Service sites.
The Leader application is now closed, please check back next fall. Become a volunteer this year and join one of our many groups!
Key Responsibilities for MLK Day of Service Site Leaders
So that you have a better idea of SSL duties, we’ve listed key responsibilities below. If you have any questions, please contact Erin Geraghty, Office of Multicultural Affairs.
SSL responsibilities include:
- Attending Service Partnership Dinner on Tuesday, November 19th, 5:30 - 7:00 pm and a mandatory team leader training session TBD.
- Contacting your group once the attendance lists and site location are compiled.
- Becoming familiar with emergency procedures. (To be covered in team leader training.)
- Taking group attendance at the Day of Service Send-Off -- January 20, 2014.
- While on site, serving as the liaison between the site contact and volunteers.
- Representing Villanova University…doing meaningful service.