International Student Transfers

Finally, potential transferring students to Villanova should note:

  • If it is your intent to travel outside the United States BEFORE you begin your freshman year at Villanova University please advise the Admissions Office and the International Student Office as soon as possible.
  • Villanova can not and will not produce an I-20 for students presently in the U.S. on another institution’s I-20. Students presently in the U.S. MUST have their SEVIS record released to Villanova. Please note: NO SEVIS records should be released until such time that the student:
  • Has received an official letter of acceptance from Villanova AND
  • Villanova transfer form.
  • Villanova International Student Office should be contacted by a transferring student who plans to travel outside the U.S. The Office will attempt to work with the transferring student and his or her present institution to ensure he or she will have the correct documentation for his or her reentry into the U.S. to start his or her studies at Villanova.
  • Transferring students are expected to attend the orientation session for the semester for which they are admitted. During this orientation session transferring students will be given an interview time during which they MUST present the following documentation:
    • Passport
    • I-94 card
    • ALL previous I-20s.

During this interview transferring students will be given their Villanova I-20.

Transfer Out

If a student wishes to have his SEVIS record released to another U.S. institution, he or she MUST make an appointment with a foreign student advisor and bring the following documents to the appointment:

  • Official letter of admission to the U.S. institution
  • Transfer form for the U.S. institution
  • Villanova I-20.

For January Transfers

January Transfer Students - Watch for more information to arrive in the mail in early January. You will also be contacted by the Dean's Office of your College with information about your academic program. Please contact the Orientation Office if you have any questions - (610) 519-7208.