The Villanova Challenge Course and High Ropes Course is challenging, demanding and fun! Groups must work together to accomplish physically and mentally challenging tasks. After each activity, facilitators process and breakdowns the elements that contributed to the success of the group. Discussion will also reveal obstacles that caused frustration and problems along the way.
Through taking risks, participants gain new personal and interpersonal skills and insights - the basis for growth and change. Activities are safe, stimulating, and occur in an atmosphere of support and caring. Results can be rapid and profound.
Outdoor challenge programs are unprecedented in their success in providing activities focused on teamwork and mutual support.
- Build team skills in cooperation
- Raise appreciation and respect for differences within the group
- Develop trust and group problem-solving skills
- Allow for the practice of new skills, with feedback
- Recreate a work setting in a supportive environment
- Develop respect for others' opinions in discussions
- Raise self-esteem and confidence
- Utilize resources appropriately and efficiently
- Uncover issues that may be stumbling blocks for the group as well as best practices for success
The VCC offers a variety of ground and near-ground group activities. Many activities can be done indoors, while more complex drills must be done at the VCC. These activities are perfect for groups looking to achieve a common goal.
The VCC also has a high ropes course which is designed more for personal goals and achievements.
The professional staff can custom design a program to fit your time needs. Generally, a 3-hour program is recommended. Villanova Students receive a free 2-hour session based on availability. Full-day, half-day, and multi-day programs are all available.
In order to reap the benefits of the program, it is recommened to have a group size of at least 8 participants.
Reservation, Fees, and More Info
Rates are dependant on group size and length of time. We do extend a non-profit discount based on need. For more information on program fees or to make a reservation please contact the Lori Blake at 610.519.4214 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.