The following are helpful hints:
- Be confident
- Come to the events with your own thoughts and opinions
- Talk about YOU
- The sisters want you to ask questions!
- Make sure you have all the information that you need to make an informed decision.
Make Your Own Decisions
- You are the only one who knows what is best for you!
- Keep an open mind- all of our chapters are great
- You will have friends in all of the other chapters. Be comfortable with that. It is one of the greatest things about Villanova’s greek community!
Be on Time
- The events will start on time
- It will be uncomfortable for you to walk in during the middle of an event
- You want to spend as much time as possible with the sisters
- The week is very tiring. Be sure to get enough rest.
- You are making many tough decisions, and you want to be alert and thinking clearly.
- There will be plenty of food provided for you during the week
- It is important to stay healthy so you don't miss any events
Be comfortable in your clothes
- Look presentable but be comfortable!
- It is a casual atmosphere
- See dress code below
- Write down everything you remember about each event!
- Take notes on what you liked about each chapter. These will be extemely helpful towards the end of the week.
- Check out this website
- Residence Life will need you to register online to come back early
- Do well on finals. You need that 2.4 to go through recruitment!
Dress Code for Potential New Members:
Round 1- Open House/ Welcome Round
- Very casual round!
- Jeans and your PNM t-shirt are appropriate for this round
- Flat shoes or boots (no high-heels)
Round 2- Sisterhood Round
- Another relaxed round
- Jeans, khakis or cords are appropriate
- A casual top or sweater
- Flat shoes or boots are strongly suggested
Round 3- Philanthropy Themed Round
- A bit dressier
- Khakis, nice pants, or skirts are appropriate
- It will be a party-like atmosphere
Round 4- Preference Round
- Most formal round
- Skirts, conservative dresses, or dressy pants are appropriate
- You will participate in a sorority ritual