The Letter of Recommendation is due September 12, 2016.
Villanova University has been affiliated with Who’s Who in American Universities and Colleges for over 40 years and we use this national organization to recognize and honor our graduating senior students.
The criteria for selection are:
- Proven leadership ability and service contributions.
- Proven involvement in University co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
- Good academic standing with a minimum Quality Grade Point Average of 3.0.
- Good disciplinary standing as determined by the Dean of Students Office.
- Senior class status.
Students applying for Who’s Who in American Universities and Colleges will need to provide a Letter of Recommendation from a Villanova faculty or administrator. The student should personally ask you for this letter. If you feel uncomfortable writing this letter or unqualified to do so, please inform the student.
- Your Letter of Recommendation should assess the student’s leadership ability, service contributions, proven involvement in University activities, and academic achievements. With regards to academics, it is not necessary to re-state grades; rather comments relating to scholarly publications, teaching assistance, multiple majors/minors, critical thinking and analysis skills etc. are very useful.
- The Letter of Recommendation is most helpful to the Selection Committee when it provides depth and breadth to a student’s application and not simply re-stating the student’s resume.
- Please limit your comments to no more than one type-written page.
If you agree to write the Letter of Recommendation, you will receive an email with instructions.
- Retain this email until you complete the Letter of Recommendation.
- Write the letter in Microsoft WORD Document format.
- Save the document to your computer with the student's name as follows: LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME_MI.DOCX (Example: Pugh_Paul_F.docx)
- Click the link in the email to upload the Letter of Recommendation and enter the Pin Number provided in the email
- Browse your documents and select the Letter of Recommendation.
- Submit the letter.
The Letter of Recommendation is due September 12, 2016 at 11:59pm.