In an effort to help create this community, we believe that:
- Students should join this community with an understanding that the sacrifice of individual preferences is sometimes necessary for the good of the greater whole.
- Students experience growth and learn personal responsibility when they are provided with clear parameters of acceptable behavior and are held accountable for their actions.
- The Code of Student Conduct must be implemented in a fair, impartial and consistent manner with the primary focus on the education of the individual and preserving the welfare of the Villanova community.
- Student personal concerns should be addressed with sensitivity, and resolutions should preserve the dignity of the individual while maintaining the values of the University.
- Students are ambassadors of the University, and as such they are held responsible for their conduct beyond the University’s physical borders.
- Accomplishment of our mission requires collaboration with University and local constituents.