Freshmen Missing Home
- Sometimes, college freshmen end up missing the thing they couldn't wait to escape--Home
- Freshmen athletes face challenges adjusting to college
Tragic Schiavo Condition Reportedly Brought on By Deadly Eating Disorder
- Eating Disorders: Parent Toolkit
The Winter Blues ~ Seasonal Affective Disorder
- Think I May Have Seasonal Affective Disorder: What is SAD and What Can I Do About it?
Study Says Spiritually Inclined Students Are Happier
- How to Get Great Sleep from Psychology Today
Book About College Student Mental Health
- College of the Overwhelmed: The Campus Mental Health Crisis and What to Do about it Written for parents, students, college counselors, and administrators, College of the Overwhelmed is a landmark book that explores the stressors that cause so many college students to suffer psychological problems. The book is filled with insights and stories about the current mental health crisis on our nation’s campuses and offers a hands-on guide for helping students overcome stress and succeed in a college environment. The authors discuss the warning signs and symptoms of common problems, including depression, sleep disorders, substance abuse, anxiety disorders, eating disorders, impulsive behaviors, and suicide.