The Ideas & Issues committee creates interactive programs, brings keynote speakers, and organizes large events to highlight the social and political topics that VU students care about most. In the past, we've brought Archbishop Desmond Tutu, Kool Mo Dee, Mo Rocca, Howard Dean, William Bennett, and even comedian Dane Cook. The Ideas & Issues committee also works with other campus groups on large events. We also helped throw a pre-game tailgate for the big Oklahoma-VU Men's Basketball game. And, we teamed up with groups across campus to organize VU's first "Concert for a Cure," an AIDS benefit concert featuring Guster and The Roots.
Possible Member Responsibilities
- Attend the weekly meetings
- Help with planning of upcoming events
- Enjoy planned events as well as help behind the scenes during the events
- "Whose line is it anyway?" with Colin and Brad
- "How to Schmooze like a Pro" programmed with Career Services
- Juice the 'Cuse
- Health and Wellness -- Mini Bites Conference
- "New Sports Stadiums, Politics, and the Media"
- MoRocca – Entertainment’s Mover
- Frank McCourt for Parent’s Weekend
- Health and Wellness Night headlined by Emmy
- Black EXPO, co-programmed with BCS (Black Cultural Society)
- Dr. Khaled Hosseini, author of The Kite Runner
- Members of the cast of FX's "Black. White."
- Dr. Timothy Tyson, author of Blood Done Sign My Name