The Student Government Association has been working on some new projects over the past few months that we think can greatly benefit student lives on campus. Here are some of our accomplishments within the past couple of months:
- Held a Town Hall event for the student body with Father Peter where we had an open Q&A about anything relating to Villanova. If you missed the event, there will be another Town Hall later this semester. Check the SGA calendar to find out when.
- Attended a third Campus Community Dialogue event, which consisted of local government officials, local business / bar owners, local residents, and police officers [Lower Merion, Radnor, and Villanova Public Safety] to discuss student issues pertinent to University life.
- Assisted in the Radnor Run by providing volunteers for the event to continue to foster a strong relationship with the local community.
- Created a College Carpool Ride Sharing Board because of a need for students to share rides heading home and coming back from major semester breaks (located outside of Dougherty 214).
- Shuttled freshmen from South Campus to the Church during major mass times while the Wildcat Path was inactive. -- Participation in this shuttle raised money for the Nova Nook initiative.
- Completely painted and renovated the mural heading down to South Campus (picture attached).
- Formed a committee to speak to the administration about the installation of a new Wildcat Statue. To help this process move more quickly, please fill out the survey below.
In other news, the Mission and Social Justice Committee of the Student Government Association invites you to our Feast with the Friars, scheduled for Tuesday, February 6th at 6:00 PM in the West Lounge of Dougherty Hall.
Feast with the Friars is ACS approved! Space is incredibly limited and seats are filling up fast, so be sure to register on VillanovaTix to save your seat at the table! I hope that all of you can join us to enjoy the company of some of our favorite Augustinians and enjoy a free catered dinner provided by the Student Government Association.
As always, if you have any questions, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us at 206 Dougherty Hall where we have regular office hours.