October 1997 Team Award
University Shop and Alumni Affairs Staff
This cross functional team received the work process improvement award because their project:
- Enhances the quality of service by re-designing the University Shop catalog to make it an attractive publication and present it to alumni as a "service", by mailing it as an insert with the Spires, the publication of the Alumni Association.
- Enhances operational efficiency by relieving the Alumni Office of having to periodically enter the merchandise business so that they can offer products to alumni.
- Generates revenue due to the increased coverage of the mailing, sales have increased over 109% from fiscal 93/94 to fiscal 96/97.
April 1997 Team Award
Brian Canavan, Residence Life; Nancy Dudak, Career Planning and Placement; Fr. Frank Farsaci, Residence Life; Jan Janosik, Center for Drug & Alcohol Education; Cathy McMahon, Office of the Vice President for Student Life; Meghan Mooney, Student Development; Ed Reilly, Counseling Center; Joanne Satiritz, Student Development; Brenda Stover, Career Planning & Placement; Will Seppi, Student (Student Life Unit Improvement Team)
This UNIT improvement team received the work process improvement award because their project:
- Enhances the quality of service by consolidation distribution of graduation materials and decreasing the time and number of locations a student needs to visit during this hectic time.
- Enhances operation efficiency by decreasing the number of staff members required to accomplish the task.
- Generates a documentable cost savings of $7000 per year by eliminating the printing of graduation announcements.