The Work Process Improvement (WPI) award is designed to recognize those individuals or teams who have made suggestions which result in meaningful work process improvements and/or work redesigns.
All Villanova University faculty, staff and students (full-time and part-time) are eligible. Teams of up to four individuals may be nominated to receive the award. An individual/team may not receive an award more than once per fiscal year.
The award will be given for suggestions which have been adopted at Villanova University. The improved processes must meet at least two of the following four criteria:
- The project/improved process enhances the quality of services provided by the University
- The project/improved process enhances operational efficiency
- The project/improved process generates revenue
- The project/improved process generates a documentable cost savings
Any Villanovan may nominate himself/herself or others by completing the online WPI Nomination.
Depending upon the volume of nominations, awards will be made twice during the academic year near the end of each term. Typically awards are presented in person by WPI Selection Committee member(s) at a meeting of the recipient's full department. The WPI Selection Committee will meet as needed to select the recipient(s). The recipient(s) will be acknowledged at the community event scheduled after the awards have been distributed and in campus-wide communications.
WPI Selection Committee
The Selection Committee includes faculty and staff. Current members are:
- Brian Galloway- Enrollment Management (Chair)
- Nancy Dudak - Career Services
- Melissa Gerding - Enrollment Management
- Hermena Jackson - Mail Services
- Wenny Ou - UNIT
- Kathleen Byrnes - Student Life
- Noel Dolan - Arts and Sciences
- Lorraine McCorkle - University Communication
Award recipients may be invited to serve as future WPI Selection Committee members.
The WPI Selection Committee will review the nominations received by using the criteria as a guideline. If the committee requires additional information, the nominator will be contacted.
Amount of Award
The value of the award is $100 credited to the awardee's Villanova University Nova Bucks debit account. If the awardees are part of a team, the $100 award will be divided equally among the winning members' Nova Bucks accounts.