Mail Services

 

** Please Note  **

Both the Kennedy and St. Mary Mailroom locations will be closed during the Easter break - April 18th thru April 21st. We will reopen with regular hours on Tuesday, April 22nd.

Welcome to Mail Services

The purpose of the Mail Services Department at Villanova is to provide all faculty, staff and students with a reliable facility to handle all of their mailing needs and to support the University in its endeavors by providing knowledgeable and cost effective mailing and shipping solutions.

PACKAGE DELIVERY NOTICE

In an effort to reduce cost and improve package delivery services, Villanova Mail Services is testing a new package delivery application that requires recipients to swipe their Wildcard in lieu of a signature. Faculty and staff can be assured that no personal information is collected or compromised when the card is swiped in this process.

Beginning January 2, 2014, all accountable campus deliveries will require a Wildcard scan upon delivery.

Thank you for your help in this important initiative.

New Post Office Price Changes  

 

In a press release issue on December 24, 2013 the Postal Regulatory Commission (PRC) partially approves the request by the Postal Service for an exigent rate increase to offset losses suffered as a result of the Great Recession of 2008-2009. The PRC rejects permanent price increases.

The 4.3 percent exigent rate increases are scheduled to be implemented in conjunction with the inflation-based rate adjustment of 1.7 percent Consumer Price Index (CPI), approved earlier by the PRC. The overall adjustment is 6.0 percent and will take effect January 26, 2014.

In its order, the PRC directed the Postal Service to report quarterly on revenues generated by the rate increases, and to develop a plan to phase out the exigent rates once they have produced the revenue justified by their request. The PRC has determined that the amount to be $2.8 billion.

Additional information is available on the PRC website:

www.prc.gov and also  http://pe.usps.com.

 

New Rates will include

First Class Mail 49 cents

Postcards 33 cents

Sending Mail and Packages to Campus

   FACULTY / STAFF

  •     Name
  •     Dept, Building, Room #
  •     800 East Lancaster Ave
  •     Villanova, PA 19085

STUDENTS - Students will receive an email notification when a package is ready for pick up. A Wildcard or driver’s license is needed for pick up.

   STUDENTS  - MAIN CAMPUS

  •     Name
  •     VU BOX #  
  •     800 East Lancaster Ave
  •     Villanova, PA 19085

  STUDENTS  - WEST CAMPUS

  •     Name
  •     VU BOX #  
  •     250 Spring Mill RD
  •     Villanova, PA 19085

Perishable shipments such as flowers or fruit should include the student’s cell phone number. We will contact the student upon arrival of all perishable packages that are clearly marked.

CAMPUS MAIL Request slips must be used by departments with any official University business mail that will have postage applied.

To order Outgoing Mail Request slips please call the Mailroom @ 94492.

 

Student referral forms - Please contact Financial Assistance.

 

A summary of the changes of some of the more commonly used postage rates can be found on this site on the Current Postage Rate page.

Complete details of the new rates can be found on the Postal Service website: US Postal Service Rates

Mail Services

Kennedy Hall -Lower Level 


Student Window

Mon - Fri  8:30- 4:30pm
Saturday  9am-1pm

610-519-4493


Business Services Window
Mon - Fri  8:30- 4:00pm
610-519-4492


St. Mary's Hall 
Student Window
Mon - Fri  9am - 4:00pm
Saturday  9am-1pm
610-519-5806

Track Packages