Community Supported Agriculture, or “CSA,” is a mutually-beneficial arrangement between community members and local farms in which the farmers provide produce and other farm products during the growing season in exchange for payment before the season begins. Each week, the farmer harvests the mature crops and divides the offerings into “shares” which typically is one share for each member of the CSA program. The Farmers deliver the shares to a pre-arranged location for the members to pick-up weekly.
Villanova Dining Services has teamed up with Lancaster Farm Fresh Cooperative to bring community supported agriculture (CSA) to the Villanova community. Villanova's CSA will be coordinated through the 2nd Storey Market in St. Mary’s Hall. Villanova students, faculty and staff will have the opportunity to purchase vegetable shares through the Lancaster Farm Fresh Cooperative. Each week for shares consisting of a variety of fresh produce from that week’s harvest will be delivered to the 2nd Storey Market for members to pick up and enjoy.
Please refer to your confirmation email from Lancaster Farm Fresh Cooperative to know which date you should begin picking up your shares.
Click Here to visit the Lancaster Farm Fresh Co-Op website to learn more and to sign-up.
2016 Summer Share-Extended information:
- Choose from Vegetable, Fruit, Meat, Bread, Chicken, Cheese, Eggs, Flowers, Herbs, and Herbal Medicinal Shares!
- Shares are delivered weekly to Second Storey Market located in the St. Mary's building on West Campus.
- The 2016 Summer-Extended Share deliveries start on the week of September 12, 2016 and feature 7 weeks of deliveries. Please note that Fall Break week is skipped.
- Sign-ups via the Lancaster Farm Fresh Cooperative website closed on Wednesday, September 7, 2016, but they are still allowing sign-ups for pro-rated shares.
- To sign-up for the next Season, stay tuned into Campus Currents or the Wildcat Newswire email newsletter where we will announce more information.
- Shares will be available for pick up by members from Monday afternoon starting at 2pm until Wednesday at 3:30pm. Second Storey Market hours can be found on our website.
- In order to avoid waste and to be more sustainable, items that are not picked up by Wednesday at 3:30pm will be used in recipes in Second Storey Market or St. Mary's Dining Hall.
- For any questions regarding pick-up, please call Second Storey Market at 610-519-5615
- Please feel free to contact the following individuals with any questions:
Dot McCullough (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Josh Szczypiorski (email@example.com)
Everett Coleman (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Alicia Farrow (email@example.com)
The Summer-Extended CSA will deliver to Second Storey Market on the following dates:
WEEK 1 - September 12, 2016
WEEK 2 - September 19, 2016
WEEK 3 - September 26, 2016
WEEK 4 - October 3, 2016
WEEK 5 - October 17, 2016
WEEK 6 - October 24, 2016
WEEK 7 - October 31, 2016
Why should you join the Summer CSA?
1. Health & Nutrition
Our Summer-Extended CSA will ensure you maintain a healthy and nutrient-dense lifestyle. We follow the highest organic standards, offer the most colorful varieties of veggies, and guarantee to support you in eating a more whole foods and organic-based diet.
2. Save Money Eating Organically
Our farmers bring you the best of what we grow organically at great prices. This guarantees you are getting the biggest organic BANG for your buck right from your farmer!
3. Eat With The Seasons
Let LFFC inspire you to get outside and take a deeper look at your place in this local food network!
When you join LFFC, you learn how asparagus isn't in season in August and October, how garlic and onions ripen by the hours of light, how lush sweet leafy greens are as tasty to some critters out there as they are to us, and so much more.
Follow Lancaster Farm Fresh Co-Op on Instagram!