Community Supported Agriculture, or “CSA,” is a mutually-beneficial arrangement between community members and local farms in which the farmers provide produce and other farm products during the growing season in exchange for payment before the season begins. Each week, the farmer harvests the mature crops and divides the offerings into “shares” which typically is one share for each member of the CSA program. The Farmers deliver the shares to a pre-arranged location for the members to pick-up weekly.
Villanova Dining Services has teamed up with Lancaster Farm Fresh Cooperative to bring community supported agriculture (CSA) to the Villanova community. Villanova's CSA will be coordinated through the 2nd Storey Market in St. Mary’s Hall. Villanova students, faculty and staff will have the opportunity to purchase vegetable shares through the Lancaster Farm Fresh Cooperative. Each week for shares consisting of a variety of fresh produce from that week’s harvest will be delivered to the 2nd Storey Market for members to pick up and enjoy.
Click Here to visit the Lancaster Farm Fresh Co-Op website to learn more and to sign-up for your CSA Share!
2017 Winter Share information:
- Available Shares for Purchase: Vegetable, Meat, Bread, Chicken, Cheese, Eggs, Yogurt, Milk, Tofu, Beverage, Herbal Tea, Flour/Grain, and more!
- Shares are delivered weekly to Second Storey Market located in the St. Mary's building on West Campus.
- The 2017 Winter Share deliveries start on the week of January 16, 2017 and feature 14 weeks of deliveries. Please note that Spring Break week is skipped, but the last delivery of the season will be a double-share.
- Sign-ups via the Lancaster Farm Fresh Cooperative website close on Friday, January 6, 2017.
- In order to avoid waste and to be more sustainable, items that are not picked up by Thursday will be used in recipes in Second Storey Market or St. Mary's Dining Hall.
- For any questions regarding pick-up, please call Second Storey Market at 610-519-5615
- Please feel free to contact the following individuals with any questions:
Dot McCullough (email@example.com)
Josh Szczypiorski (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Everett Coleman (email@example.com)
Alicia Farrow (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Why should you join the Lancaster Farm Fresh Co-Op CSA?
1. Health & Nutrition
Our Winter CSA will ensure you maintain a healthy and nutrient-dense lifestyle. We follow the highest organic standards, offer the most colorful varieties of veggies, and guarantee to support you in eating a more whole foods and organic-based diet.
2. Save Money Eating Organically
Our farmers bring you the best of what we grow organically at great prices. This guarantees you are getting the biggest organic BANG for your buck right from your farmer!
3. Eat With The Seasons
Let LFFC inspire you to get outside and take a deeper look at your place in this local food network!
When you join LFFC, you learn how asparagus isn't in season in August and October, how garlic and onions ripen by the hours of light, how lush sweet leafy greens are as tasty to some critters out there as they are to us, and so much more.
Follow Lancaster Farm Fresh Co-Op on Instagram!