Villanova Dining Services is proud to offer picnic packages for the many groups serving the Villanova community. These packages may be purchased using MPEs or account budgets. Please read the following guidelines for more information before requesting a picnic package.
- Any student group or organization that is recognized by the University may request a picnic package.
- All requests must be received at least 5 days prior to the proposed event date. (Due to black-out dates and other restrictions, not all requests can be filled on the requested dates.)
- All requests should be initiated online
- There must be at least 50 participants for an event, but no more than 300.
- Dining Services does NOT supply charcoal, lighter fluid, and/or matches.
- Grilling utensils must be requested beforehand, and must be returned after the event.
- Picnic Packages are for meal plan participants using MPE (Meal Plan Express) only. When using MPE, the list of participants is due to Dining Services no later than 72 hours before the scheduled event. This list must include the names and Banner IDs of all students participating in the event. The list should be in an excel spreadsheet and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Students participating in a picnic and using MPE will not be able to use their meal plan during the meal plan in which the picnic is scheduled.
*Don't forget to reserve your picnic area with the Office of Student Development.
*Portable grills can be picked up and delivered through Facilities Management.
- If an event is to be cancelled for any reason, including weather, you must contact Dining Services at least 1 hour prior to the event by calling 610-519-4170. (If the event will be held on a weekend, you will be supplied with a contact number for the respective location.)
- Food purchased may NOT be resold for any reason, including fundraising.
If you have any questions about any of the packages we offer or any of the guidelines, please call us at 610-519-4170 between 8:30 - 5:30 (M to F).
Our traditional BBQ package!
- Garden Salad with Dressing
- Hot Dogs
- Cheese, lettuce and sliced tomato
- Soda / Water
- Paper Products / Utensils
- Veggie Burgers available upon request
- Grilling utensils available upon request
When you need to eat on the go!
- Sandwich (your choice of ham, turkey, roast beef, or a vegetarian wrap)
- Hand Fruit
- Soda / Water
- Paper Products