Location…Location…Location. Villanova University is astoundingly accessible by train, plane, automobile or regional public transit. Guests reap the benefits of its proximity to the City of Philadelphia as well as its locale in the vibrant Philadelphia Main Line suburbs.
Conference Services publications and local visitor’s guides and websites, in conjunction with our helpful Conference Assistant staff members, will assist visitors with their area travel plans.
In the vicinity of the University, shops, everyday services and restaurants are in plentiful supply along Villanova's Lancaster Avenue (US Rte 30) location. In addition, the campus is a 15-minute car ride to the largest mall on the East Coast, the King of Prussia Mall. Valley Forge National Historical Park is a 25-minute car ride from campus and is one part of the stimulating history of the area.
In their free time off campus, visitors can follow in Washington’s footsteps, discover beautiful gardens and world-class art museums, enjoy an afternoon of golf, go rafting down a pristine river or simply sample the local restaurant scene – featuring every cuisine imaginable.
To assist campus visitors with local information and connections, the Office of Conference Services provides the Villanova-Area Visitor Resource Guide and the Getting Around Guide. These publications list both local resources and how to get there via public transit or automobile from campus. The University is also a member of the Valley Forge Convention and Visitors Bureau whose professional staff offer destination management advice and local resource information to thousands of visitors and meeting planners annually.
The resources below will help you enjoy your stay in the Greater Philadelphia area.
- Visit Philly - Greater Philadelphia's Official Visitor Site
- uwishunu - Philly. From the inside out. Insider's look at the Philadelphia scene
- Philly.com – Online home of the Philadelphia Inquirer and Philadelphia Daily News
- Philadelphia Magazine – Online home of Philadelphia Magazine and the “Best of Philly”
- SEPTA – Greater Philadelphia's public transportation system
- AroundPhilly.com – Current restaurant reviews and events calendar