3 Parts to Registration
1. Team Roster
Each Team must submit a team roster form (see link above). These forms must be completed in it's entirety. Make sure you take class and work schedules into consideration when fielding a team, there is a minimum of players needed to compete in each sport. Refer to the Notes under each sport within the Fall Sports and Spring Sports page. If you need or would like to pick up more participants, consult the list on Free Agent page.
- Varsity athletes are ineligible to participate in their equivalent intramural sport, throughout their academic year of eligibility (e.g. a 2011 soccer player cannot participate in 2011 fall outdoor soccer or 2012 spring indoor soccer).
- Club Sport participants ARE allowed to play on intramural leagues, but no more than (2) of either gender can play on one team (e.g. a male and female club volleyball player can play on an intramural team, but no more.) ** Club Sport participants are NOT permitted to participate in the CITY 6 tournament.
- Graduate and Staff Teams cannot play in the playoffs for: fall softball (the entire tournament), flag football, volleyball & basketball (are permitted to play in Men's B and C Leagues).
- Tennis roster form must be used for the tennis league. You must complete one roster form for each league you are in.
2. Participation Waivers
Each Participant must complete his/her OWN Waiver (see link above) and it must accompany the team roster form. This must be filed with the Intramural Office before anyone is allowed to participate in intramural play.
There is a minimum number of players required to compete in each sport. You must submit enough waivers to meet this minimum at the time of registration.
Any roster additions must be submitted either before or at the captains meeting. Any roster addition submitted after the captain’s meeting will not be accepted. A waiver must be submitted for each roster addition.
3. Forfeit Fee
You are required to pay a forfeit fee in order to register an intramural team. We accept cash or check (made out to Villanova University) ONLY. We DO NOT accept Wildcards. This fee will be returned to the teams during a given refund period following the end of the season/tournament/event, barring the following:
- Captain or team representative attends captains meeting before the season and before the playoffs (if applicable).
- Teams show up with at least the minimum amount of players to each scheduled contest. (Don't forfeit)
- If the team does forfeit, they notify the Intramural Office prior to 5:00PM of the business day before competition.
The amount of fees are as follows:
|Softball Tournament: $20||Basketball: $40|
|Sand Volleyball Tournament: $20||Indoor Soccer: $40|
|Flag Football: $40||Softball: $40|
|Outdoor Soccer: $40||Tennis: $10/$20|
|Volleyball: $40||Wiffleball Tournament: $20|
|Dodgeball Tournament: $20||Ultimate Frisbee: $20|
|Kickball: $20||Sand Volleyball Tournament: $20|