On December 7, 2011, the Department of Public Safety was accredited through the International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators (iaclea.org).
The Department received the Accreditation and a plaque, which is displayed in Farrell Hall, stating:
"Be it known that the Villanova University Department of Public Safety having fully demonstrated its commitment to campus public safety excellence by living up to a body of progressive standards to ensure that the delivery of safety and security services to its community is at the highest level of professionalism and integrity and having reflected the best professionally practices in the areas of campus public safety management, administration, operations, and support services, is hereby recognized as an accredited agency, upon the recommendation of the International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators Accreditation Commission and awarded this Certificate of Accreditation for the period of December 7, 2011 through December 7, 2014"
Benefits of IACLEA Accreditation:
- Provides a professional benchmark for measuring policies and practices
- Assures the university administration, the community served, local law enforcement,
and institutional peers of a high quality of service
- Ensures procedures are documented and staff is given clear guidance
- Enhances the recruitment and retention of qualified staff
- Ensures that staff is trained and functions according to established policy and procedure
- Strengthens an institution’s defense against complaints and lawsuits
- Boosts institutional pride and employee morale
- Provides periodic, professional review of department operations,
administration, and services
IACLEA Accreditation was a three (3) year process and gets reviewed every three (3) years. It is being managed by our Manager of Accreditation and Recruitment, Mr. Joseph Buckley.