American Catholic Studies is a double-blind refereed journal that publishes high quality studies and book reviews for academics, opinion leaders, and informed general readers. We welcome submissions in the fields of U.S. Roman Catholic history, sociology, theology, architecture, art, cinema, music, popular movements, and related areas that we believe our readers will find to be of particular interest. Manuscripts seeking publication should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Manuscripts submitted for possible publication should be in typed in Microsoft Word. The text should be double-spaced, 11 pt. font, and the length should not exceed 8,000 words, including footnotes.
Page 1 – Title page: The title page should include the title, author's name, institutional affiliation, department and/or home address, and current email address.
Page 2 – Abstract (begin page numbering): The abstract should be no more than 200 words.
Page 3 – Text: Manuscripts should follow The Chicago Manual of Style, 16th Edition (2010), for all matters regarding style, capitalization, use of numbers, punctuation, etc.: Please include sub-headings throughout manuscript.
- All citations should be in the form of footnotes, rather than endnotes.
- The first footnote (unnumbered) should be a brief (2-3 sentences) biographical sketch of author.
- The footnote style should follow The Chicago Manual of Style, 16th edition (2010).
- Upon the manuscript being accepted for publication, the author is responsible for locating and obtaining permissions for use of photos. American Catholics Studies is willing to assist the author in this process.
- Scanned photos must be at least 300 dpi quality.
- Photos may be submitted electronically to American Catholic Studies through email Leighanne.email@example.com, and must include captions and credit lines for each photo submitted.