Attention Research Faculty:
When: Saturday, July 8th, 2017 from 8AM to 8PM Pacific Time (11AM – 11PM ET)
During the maintenance window, all parts of the Research Suite will be intermittently unavailable (including Cayuse 424, SP, and IRB), but all existing records will be preserved and no action will be necessary on the part of any end user. Please note, even if your application appears to be working, we strongly advise against attempting to enter data during the maintenance window.
- The National Institutes (NIH) of Health has tutorials on preparing and submitting NIH grant applications. Click here for more information on the tutorials. How to Apply videos topics include:
Overview of the Application process
Part 1: Prepare to Apply
Part II: Write the Application
Part III: Submit
For more information: https://grants.nih.gov/grants/how-to-apply-application-guide/video/index.htm
IRB protocol submission deadlines:
- July 2017 deadline for submission is Thursday June 29th
- Please note: the VU IRB’s summer meeting schedule is limited, if you have a plans to submit a new research study, have a study that is set to expire, or you anticipate a modification over the summer, please reach out to IRB@villanova.edu as soon as possible to discuss.
- NIH and NSF Application Process Changes. NIH and NSF have announced changes to the application process that will be effective in January 2017. PowerPoint presentations are available on ORA website at bottom of Research Opportunities Page.
More information can also be found here https://www.nsf.gov/bfa/dias/policy/ for NSF, and here https://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/notice-files/NOT-OD-16-129.html and https://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/notice-files/NOT-OD-16-130.html for NIH.
- Conflict of Interest Disclosure Process. ORA is pleased to announce that the Conflict of Interest disclosure process will now be on line. Beginning Monday, November 21, 2016, investigators should receive a system-generated email that grants access to “Open Enrollment” in COI Risk Manager. If you received an email, and believe you should not submit a disclosure, please contact ORA to confirm. If did not receive an email and you believe you should submit a disclosure (that is, you are responsible for the design, conduct, or reporting of either sponsored research or human subjects research), please contact ORA to obtain system access.
- Open Enrollment will be open through December 31, 2016.
- NOTE: If you completed a paper disclosure between June 1, 2016, and November 20, 2016, you will NOT be required to re-submit.
- FCOI Frequently Asked Questions