If you are looking to broaden your knowledge and skills in the field of corporate treasury management in an effort to further your career, help your company, or prepare for the Certified Treasury Professional® Exam (CTP) exam, the Treasury Management non-credit certificate program at Villanova University is ideal for you. Our course combines a structured classroom environment with the AFP Treasury Learning System™, the preferred study resource for the CTP exam.
Users of the AFP Treasury Learning System enjoy a higher pass rate than other candidates!
Course Fees & Schedule
AFP Member: $1,550
Course fee includes the AFP Treasury Learning System. CTP exam application fee not included.
Registration, Billing/Payments and Cancellation Policy
September 15 - December 15, 2016*
6:00 - 9:00 p.m.
*No class October 27 and November 24, 2016
800 Lancaster Avenue
Villanova, PA 19085
About the Program
The Treasury Management course at Villanova University is a comprehensive professional development and exam preparation program based on the Essentials of Treasury Management®, Fourth Edition – the official body of knowledge (BOK) tested on the CTP exam.
But you don’t have to be a treasury professional to benefit from the AFP Treasury Learning System program. Here are some of the professionals who have also benefitted from the program:
- Bankers and other financial services providers developing and implementing products and services for use by corporate finance organizations;
- Technical and administrative staff supporting finance functions; and,
- Students with an interest in finance and business related fields.
||Web-Based Testing Components
- Five learning modules provided in print (available e-reader formats)
- 400+ end-of-chapter questions and answers
- 600+ “Describe and Differentiate” exam practice questions
- Module One: Introduction to Treasury Management
- Module Two: Treasury Management Environment
- Module Three: Working Capital Management
- Module Four: Risk Management
- Module Five: Financial Management
- 850+ online questions to hone your test-taking skills
- Pre-test to gauge current knowledge
- A SmartStudy tool which creates a custom study plan based on experience and pre-test score
- Quickstart videos to provide an overview of key topics for each of the learning modules
- Module-specific tests with immediate feedback and answer rationales
- Calculations to practice how to use over 50 different formulas covered on the CTP exam
- Online and printable flashcards featuring key definitions and formulas
- Five interactive case studies featuring real-life scenarios and questions to apply concepts
- Comprehensive post-test serving as a final review
- Practice exam with a timing feature and other functionality to emulate the CTP exam
- Progress reports to help measure learning gain
- Resource center featuring ask the expert, test-taking tips, printable flashcards, additional resources and more
Course Learning Objectives
- Maintain optimal cash positioning
- Employ working capital strategies and tools
- Utilize various types of payment systems and Internet technologies
- Monitor and control corporate exposure to financial and operational risks
- Determine proper capital structure
- Manage cross-border funds movement
- Coordinate financial functions and sharing of financial information
- Delineate appropriate ethical behaviors
- Recognize corporate governance issues
- Build relationships with financial services providers
Web access and basic understanding of financial accounting required of all participants.
Benefits to Taking this Course
- Interactive learning experience. Engage in classroom discussion and continue your learning at home using the Web-based tests and application exercises.
- Cost-effective learning. Minimize your travel expenses for professional development.
- Tuition reimbursement. You may be eligible for employer tuition reimbursement.
- Convenient hours. Classes are offered after work.
- CTP exam preparation. AFP recommends using the AFP Treasury Learning System course as the preferred method of preparation for the CTP exam.
- CTP recertification credits. If you have already attained your CTP designation, you are eligible for 18 recertification credits when you complete this course.
- Ongoing reference materials. After course completion, the course materials can serve as desk reference books and resources.
- Certificate of Completion. Awarded upon successful completion of the course
- Upon successful completion of the course you will receive a Certificate of Completion from Villanova University, along with 3.6 CEUs (Continuing Education Units) for the 36 hour course.
- Earn CPE (Continuing Professional Education) credts
*Association of Financial Professionals is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA), as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Information regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Nashville, TN 37219-2417. Web site:www.nasba.org
Certified Treasury Professional Certification Exam:
Testing Window: June 1, 2016 - July 31, 2016
For more information about the exam, such as deadlines and fees, please visit the CTP Certification website.