AFP Treasury Learning System™, Instructor-Led Course
If you are looking to broaden your knowledge and skills in the field of corporate treasury management in an effort to further your career, help your company, or prepare for the Certified Treasury Professional® Exam (CTP) exam, the AFP Treasury Learning System course at Villanova University is ideal for you. Our course combines a structured classroom environment with the preferred study resource for the CTP exam.
Course Fees & Schedule
$1,550 – Association for Financial Professionals (AFP) or Philadelphia Association for Financial Professionals (PAFP) Member
$1,650 – Non-Member
May be eligible for Employer Education Reimbursement Benefits (check with your HR Department).
Course fee includes:
- AFP Learning System Participant Guide.
- Access to Web-based testing components with over 400 test questions and real-life interactive applications.
- A glossary of terms to make it easier to review key terms.
- AFP membership information.
- The Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) Candidate Information Bulletin with exam application.
- AFP Products Catalog.
About the Program
The AFP Treasury Learning System course at Villanova University is a professional development program and a Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) exam preparation program. We offer a structured classroom environment that keeps you on track, with an experienced instructor guiding you towards your goal and the opportunity to learn from and network with your peers. The AFP Treasury Learning System’s blended format of learning modules (available in print or e-reader format), learning software and Web-based study tools is based on the complete text of Essentials of Treasury Management®, Fourth Edition – the official body of knowledge tested on the CTP exam. It is the preferred study resource for the CTP exam. This program is offered in cooperation with the Association of Financial Professionals (AFP) and the Philadelphia Association for Finance Professionals.
Program Structure and Content
Course Learning Objectives:
- Maintain optimal cash positioning
- Employ working capital strategies and tools
- Utilize various types of payment systems and Internet technologies
- Monitor and control corporate exposure to financial and operational risks
- Determine proper capital structure
- Manage cross-border funds movement
- Coordinate financial functions and sharing of financial information
- Delineate appropriate ethical behaviors
- Recognize corporate governance issues
- Build relationships with financial services providers
Who should take this course:
- Treasury professionals
- Bankers and other financial services providers developing and implementing products and services for use by corporate finance organizations
- Technical and administrative staff supporting finance functions
- Students with an interest in finance and business related fields
Web access and basic understanding of financial accounting required of all participants.
Why should you take this course?
The AFP Treasury Learning System course offers you enormous benefits:
- Interactive learning experience. Engage in classroom discussion and continue your learning at home using the Web-based tests and application exercises.
- Cost-effective learning. Minimize your travel expenses for professional development.
- Tuition reimbursement. You may be eligible for employer tuition reimbursement.
- Convenient hours. Classes are offered after work.
- CTP exam preparation. AFP recommends using the AFP Treasury Learning System course as the preferred method of preparation for the CTP exam.
- CTP recertification credits. If you have already attained your CTP designation, you are eligible for 18 recertification credits when you complete this course.
- Ongoing reference materials. After course completion, the course materials can serve as desk reference books and resources.
- Certificate of Completion. Awarded upon successful completion of the course
- Upon successful completion of the course you will receive a Certificate of Completion from Villanova University, along with 3.6 CEUs (Continuing Education Units) for the 36 hour course.
- Earn CPE (Continuing Professional Education) credts
*Association of Financial Professionals is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA), as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Information regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Nashville, TN 37219-2417. Web site:www.nasba.org
Certified Treasury Professional Certification Exam:
Testing Window: June 1, 2016 - July 31, 2016
For more information about the exam, such as deadlines and fees, please visit the CTP Certification website.