- Location: The Pavilion
- Procession: Graduates will not process indoors, but will sit with their guests.
- Admittance: Only those in academic attire or with tickets will be admitted.
- Tickets: Graduates will be given two (2) tickets for guest seating in the Pavilion and two (2) tickets for guests in the Jake Nevin Field House for a live television simulcast.
Due to fire regulations and building capacity, additional Severe Weather tickets are not available and requests for additional tickets will not be honored.
- Ticket Distribution: Severe Weather tickets will be distributed to all graduates in along with the Cap and Gown distribution in May. Note: If the ceremony is outdoors, as scheduled, tickets are not required.
If weather conditions warrant a change of plans, the decision will be made by 3 p.m. Saturday for the Baccalaureate and by 8 a.m. Sunday for the Commencement Ceremony. A message will be posted on the University homepage as well as (610) 519-4505 and (610) 519-8882.
Should severe weather conditions (thunder, lightning and heavy rain) force the movement of the Commencement Ceremony inside The Pavilion on Sunday morning, the measures below will be in effect. We ask for your patience and understanding should the Commencement Ceremony need to move indoors.
Severe Weather Contingency Plans
Commencement Simulcast and Webcast Information
In the event of severe weather, there will be first come, first served seating at several additional simulcast viewing locations on campus:
- Bartley Hall: Room numbers 1001, 1010, 1011, 2001, 2010, 3001, 3010
- Connelly Center: Villanova Room and Cinema
- Driscoll Hall: Room numbers 132, 134, 221, 223, 225, 227, 240, 240, 246, 248
The Commencement Ceremony also will be webcast at www.villanova.edu/commencement