If weather conditions warrant a change of plans for an outdoor Commencement event, the decision will be made at least 2 hours prior to the scheduled start. A message will be posted on the University homepage as well as (610) 519-4505 and (610) 519-8882.
College Recognition Ceremonies Severe Weather Contingency Plans
College Recognition Ceremonies will be held outdoors in rain, so please be prepared with umbrellas and rain gear. If it is determined that the weather is too severe (thunder, lightning and heavy rain) to hold an outdoor ceremony, the Recognition Ceremonies will be canceled and graduates should report to the indoor diploma pick up locations to receive their diploma.
Commencement Ceremony Severe Weather Contingency Plans
Should severe weather conditions (thunder, lightning and heavy rain) force the movement of the University Commencement Ceremony inside The Pavilion, the measures below will be in effect. We ask for your patience and understanding should the University Commencement Ceremony need to move indoors.
- Location: The Pavilion
- Procession: Graduates will not process indoors, but will sit with their guests. Faculty and Stage Party will process.
- Admittance: Only those in academic attire or with tickets will be admitted.
- Tickets: Graduates will be given two (2) tickets for guest seating in the Pavilion and two (2) tickets for guests in the Jake Nevin Field House for a live television simulcast. Children under the age of three do not need tickets.
Due to fire regulations and building capacity, additional Severe Weather tickets are not available and requests for additional tickets will not be honored.
- Ticket Distribution: Severe Weather tickets will be distributed to all graduates as part of Cap and Gown distribution in May. Note: If the ceremony is outdoors, as scheduled, tickets are not required.
Commencement Ceremony Simulcast and Webcast Information
In the event of severe weather, there will be first come, first served seating at several additional simulcast viewing locations on campus:
- Bartley Hall: Room numbers 1001, 1010, 1011, 2001, 2010, 3001, 3010
- Connelly Center: Cinema
- Driscoll Hall: Room numbers 132, 134, 221, 223, 225, 227, 240, 240, 246, 248
University Commencement Ceremony Live Video Streaming
The University Commencement Ceremony at 4 pm on Friday will be streamed live.