If weather conditions warrant a change of plans for an outdoor Commencement event, the decision will be made at least 2 hours prior to the scheduled start. A message will be posted on the Villanova University homepage as well as (610) 519-4505 and (610) 519-8882.
University Commencement Ceremony Severe Weather Contingency Plans
Should severe weather conditions (thunder, lightning and heavy rain) force the movement of the University Commencement Ceremony inside The Pavilion, the measures below will be in effect. We ask for your patience and understanding should the University Commencement Ceremony need to move indoors.
- Location: The Pavilion
- Admittance: Only those in academic attire or with tickets will be admitted.
- Tickets: During cap and gown distribution, graduates will be given two tickets for the Commencement Ceremony. The same tickets are used for both the Stadium (outdoor) or Pavilion (indoor) ceremony. Children under the age of three do not need tickets.
Due to fire regulations and building capacity, additional Severe Weather tickets are not available and requests for additional tickets will not be honored.
- Ticket Distribution: Graduation seating tickets will be distributed to all graduates as part of the Graduation Fair in May.
Commencement Ceremony Simulcast and Webcast Information
In the event of severe weather, there will be first come, first served seating at several additional simulcast viewing locations on campus:
- Jake Nevin Fieldhouse
- Bartley Hall: Room numbers 1001, 1010, 1011, 2001, 2010, 3001, 3010
- Connelly Center: Cinema
- Driscoll Hall: Room numbers 132, 134, 221, 223, 225, 227, 240, 240, 246, 248
University Commencement Ceremony Live Video Streaming
The University Commencement Ceremony at 4 pm on Friday will be streamed live.
Recognition Ceremonies Severe Weather Contingency
College Recognition Ceremonies will be held outdoors in rain, so please be prepared with umbrellas and rain gear- with one exception- the College of Engineering ceremony will be moved indoors to Jake Nevin Fieldhouse. (There is tenting for The Villanova School of Business, College of Nursing and College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Graduate Ceremonies. The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences is held inside rain or shine.) If it is determined that the weather is too severe (thunder, lightning and heavy rain) to hold an outdoor ceremony, the Recognition Ceremonies will be canceled and graduates should report to the indoor diploma pick up locations to receive their diploma. All ceremonies are recorded and are available to view after the weekend on the Villanova YouTube Channel.