A highly-respected, highly-utilized office with a deeply collegial, service-oriented team that renders outstanding professional work, including:
- Conducting cutting edge studies and offering technical assistance in support of strategic planning at the university, college and department levels.
- Conducting evaluation and assessment studies and data analysis at all levels as well as offering technical assistance in these areas.
- Managing and continuously improving the CATS data collection/analysis/reporting system, including preparing special reports and data mining.
- Collecting certain externally mandated data and data for professional organizations.
- Surveying key constituent groups to support planning, assessment, accreditation and ongoing program improvement.
- Assisting Villanova units to conduct survey research and evaluation activities, including study design, instrument development, as well as distribution, statistical analysis and report preparation.
- Serves on and supports the University-wide Outcomes Assessment Committee.
- Works directly with the Provost and the College Deans.
- Conducts survey research, including the systematic survey cycle.
- Administers the Course and Teacher Survey (CATS).
- Conducts statistical analyses at the university, college and departmental levels.
- Provides technical assistance to colleges and departments in support of their assessment efforts. Serves on college level committees as invited.
- Conduct assessment workshops.
- Coordinates University level accreditation activities.
- Focus Groups
- Individual Interviews
- Garnering best practices
Course and Teacher Surveys (CATS)
- Every semester, administer, analyze and prepare reports of student perceptions of each academic classes
- Fully participate in the modification of CATS forms and report protocols
- Conduct ad hoc studies using the CATS data base to answer pertinent research questions.