If you are a student in the College of Arts & Sciences, Engineering, Business, or Part-Time Studies and wish to transfer into the College of Nursing, you are an “internal” transfer student. In order to facilitate the number of students who are considering a change into nursing, the College of Nursing will be offering general information sessions during Fall 2011 and again in Spring 2012.
|Fall 2011||Spring 2012|
|Dates:||Monday, September 19th, 4 p.m.
Monday, October 24th, 4 p.m.
Monday, November 21th, 4 p.m.
|Monday, February 13th, 4 p.m.
Monday, March 19th, 4 p.m.
Monday, April 16th, 4 p.m.
|Location:||Driscoll Hall College of NursingConference Room 305
If you plan to attend one of these sessions, please
- Email the program assistant, Mrs. Marie Paolucci (firstname.lastname@example.org) notifying her of your intent to attend;
- Provide Mrs. Paolucci with your student ID number, current college and major, and year (e.g., sophomore);
- If you have transcripts from a college or university other than Villanova, please bring the transcripts with you to the information session.
With this information in hand, we will be better able to assist you at the time of the information session.
General Transfer Student Information
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher at Villanova is required.
- Please be aware that the nursing curriculum is a very structured one with courses in a pre-determined order (refer to our website!). Because of this fact, your graduation date may be delayed.
- Spaces in the nursing program are limited due to lab facilities, clinical agencies, and student-faculty ratios (8:1); however, qualified internal transfer students are given preference over external transfer students.
- After attending an information session, if you decide that transferring into the nursing program is right for you, you will be asked to put your request in writing (email) to the assistant dean of the undergraduate nursing program, Dr. Angelina Arcamone, at (email@example.com).
- You are required to write an essay on why you are considering a career in nursing.
- Deadline for request to transfer & receipt of materials is March 1, 2012 (for fall 2012 entry).