If you are a student in the College of Arts & Sciences, Engineering, Business, or Part-Time Studies and wish to transfer into the College of Nursing, you are an “internal” transfer student. In order to facilitate the number of students who are considering a change into nursing, the College of Nursing will be offering general information sessions during Fall 2013 and again in Spring 2014.
|Fall 2013||Spring 2014|
|Dates:||Monday, October 7th, 4 p.m.
Monday, December 2nd, 4 p.m.
|Monday, February 3rd, 4 p.m.
Monday, April 7th, 4 p.m.
|Location:||Driscoll Hall College of NursingConference Room 305
If you plan to attend one of these sessions, please
- Email the program assistant, Mrs. Marie Paolucci (firstname.lastname@example.org) notifying her of your intent to attend;
- Provide Mrs. Paolucci with your student ID number, current college and major, and year (e.g., sophomore);
- If you have AP or college credits from another college or university other than Villanova, please be sure to alert us. With this information in hand, we will be better able to assist you at the time of the information session.
With this information in hand, we will be better able to assist you at the time of the information session.
General Transfer Student Information
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher at Villanova is required.
- Please be aware that the nursing curriculum is a very structured one with courses in a pre-determined order (refer to our website!). Because of this fact, your graduation date may be delayed.
- Spaces in the nursing program are limited due to lab facilities, clinical agencies, and student-faculty ratios (8:1). However, qualified internal transfer students are given preference over external transfer students.
- After attending an information session, if you decide that transferring into the nursing program is right for you, you will be asked to put your request in writing, including an essay on why you are considering a career in nursing, to the assistant dean of the undergraduate nursing program, Dr. Angelina Arcamone, at (email@example.com).
- Deadline for request to transfer & receipt of materials is March 1, 2014 for Fall 2014 entry.