Thank you for your interest in Villanova University College of Nursing. If you are already a student at or have credits from a college or university other than Villanova and wish to transfer into the College of Nursing, you are an “external” transfer student. In order to facilitate the number of students who are considering a change into nursing, the College of Nursing will be offering several general information sessions during Fall and Spring semesters.
If you plan to attend one of these sessions, please
- Email the program assistant, Mrs. Marie Paolucci (firstname.lastname@example.org) notifying her of your intent to attend;
- Mail or scan/email your transcripts to:
Cheryl Wert, Recruitment Specialist
Villanova University College of Nursing
800 Lancaster Ave
Villanova, PA 19085
When you send your transcripts, please attach a note identifying yourself, your intent to attend the information session, and methods for contacting you. With this information in hand, we will be better able to assist you at the time of the information session.
General Transfer Student Information
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher is required.
- SAT scores of 1100 or higher in both Math and Verbal are required.
- The nursing curriculum is very structured with courses in a pre-determined order.
- Viewing the traditional BSN curriculum on our website will provide you with an idea of the freshman and sophomore courses you may wish to complete elsewhere prior to transferring to Villanova.
- Most students transfer into the Alternate Sequence Curriculum after completion of their pre-requisite courses.
- Spaces in the nursing program are limited due to lab facilities, clinical agencies, and student-faculty ratios (8:1) in the clinical setting. Admission is competitive.
- Financial assistance for transfer students is limited; please be advised that you may have availed yourself of all state and federal assistance during your initial coursework. The nursing curriculum is a full-time program. Opportunities for employment while attending school are limited.
- After attending an information session, if you decide that nursing at Villanova is right for you, you will need to complete a Transfer Student Application available online from the Office of Admissions. In order to maximize the possibility of your acceptance, please plan to apply no later than March 1, 2015.
- Please go to the following link: http://virtualvisit.villanova.edu/#AUD_2013072455804 to enjoy a virtual tour of the College of Nursing.
If you have an Associates Degree, you should complete the Transfer Student Application. If you have a baccalaureate or higher degree, you should complete the second degree application.
Thank you again for your interest in Villanova nursing, and we look forward to seeing you at an information session.
** In the event of inclement weather, please refer to Villanova’s website regarding school closure.