The College of Nursing welcomes applications from adults who wish to begin preparing for a career in nursing. These include individuals who have taken college level courses in other fields as well as those entering college for the first time. Part-time study is possible during the introductory level of the program. All applicants must meet the entrance requirements for admission to the University.
We have options for applicants who have already completed a bachelor's degree in another discipline:
If you are an adult student seeking a BSN as your second degree, contact:
Prof. Maryanne Lieb, MSN, RN
We also welcome transfer students. Why Villanova Nursing? As you seek your Villanova BSN, you will benefit from a wide variety of professional nursing career options, recognition of previous college credits, an opportunity to expand your knowledge at the graduate level and part-time study in the introductory level of the program. You may want to review our Alternate Sequence Curriculum information.
Important information for transfer students
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher is required to transfer into the nursing program.
- The nursing curriculum is a very structured one with courses in a pre-determined order. Because of the sequencing of courses, we generally accept transfer students to start coursework in August only.
- Spaces in the nursing program are limited due to lab facilities, clinical agencies, and student-faculty ratios (8:1).
- Please consider learning more about our programs and the transfer process by attending one of our information sessions held in the fall and spring.
- If you are transferring from another college or university and you decide that nursing at Villanova is right for you, you will need to complete a Transfer Student Application available on-line from the Office of University Admission. In order to maximize the possibility of your acceptance, please plan to apply no later than March 1.
Transfer students frequently enter into this curriculum following completion of prerequisite courses. If you are a traditional undergraduate student looking to transfer into the College of Nursing BSN program or an adult learner seeking a BSN, contact:
Lynda Capuzzi, Coordinator of Online RNs/Transfer Students