Resources pertaining to the distinctive nature of Catholic higher education will be maintained here. Check back frequently for the latest resources.
There are many local, national, regional and local organizations that support Catholic Higher Education. Some of the most prominent and relevant are listed here for your convenience.
- International Federation of Catholic Universities
- Association of Catholic Colleges and Universities
- Collegiate Mission Consortium of Philadelphia
Several ecclesial documents are especially relevant to all those working in Catholic higher education. Some of the most important are listed here for your convenience.
- Ex Corde Ecclesiae (1990)
- Application of Ex Corde Ecclesiae in the United States (2000)
- Guidelines Concerning the Mandatum (2001)
New and In Print
- Educating for Faith and Justice: Catholic Higher Education Today
by Thomas Rausch
Liturgical Press (2010)
- Where is Knowing Going: The Horizons of Knowing
by John Haughey
Georgetown University Press (2009)
- Status Envy: The Politics of Catholic Higher Education
Transaction Press (2009)
- The Future of Christian Learning: An Evangelical and Catholic Dialogue
Mark Noll and James Turner
Brazos Press (2008)
Policies, Procedures and Related Resources
Many Catholic colleges and universities maintain policies and procedures that are unique to Catholic higher education. Samples of such documents, including those maintained by Villanova University will be posted here for your convenience.
- Guidelines for Hiring Academic Vice Presidents and Deans - Coming Soon.
- Guidelines for Mission Centered Hiring - Coming Soon.
- Bibliography on Mission Centered Hiring