How have the readings helped you?
- "The readings helped me to delve deeper into issues of faith and reason that I had not previously thought about."
- "Depending on the reading, it has given me some new perspectives to think about and explore more for myself."
- "The readings, though often not fully thought provoking, are a great jumping off point for discussing how faith is involved in my everday life. The most helpful part of the program is realizing how there is always room for faith in the day to day happenings of life."
- "The reading has helped me reflect on various aspects of my life that I otherwise typically overlook. Whether it be vocation, calling, prayer, or centering, the readings help provide insight on topics that are hard to bring up and harder to force yourself to think about. They also help make a starting point for a conversation during dinner."
- "The readings have provided me with an insight as to how to live a faith-filled life while going about my daily activities and pursuing my passions in school and work."
What is your favorite part of being a Scholar?
- "Getting a chance to discuss faith with people from all different backgrounds."
- "Intergenerational dialogue with other members of the Villanova community - a real conversation over good food.
How has being a scholar in the Faith and Learning Scholars community helped you?
- "Being a scholars in the Faith and Learning Scholars community has given me the ability to develop relationships with faculty mentors as well as other students who are interested in discussing matters of faith and reason."
How has the Scholar and Mentor relationship helped you?
- "My mentor helped show me how these discussions will remain important in the years beyond graduation and how to keep them a part of my
- "My mentor has allowed me to gain an understanding of how you can definitely live a principled life regrdless of occupation. Honestly, my mentor has been an immense inspiration as a woman committed to her faith and job. Faith is something that appears ever present to her regardless of how busy or overwhelmed she may become."
How has the spiritual support the Center for Faith and Learning provided helped you?
- "The Center for Faith and Learning has cultivated my faith by challenging me and offering me opportunities for prayer and discussion. I have found the prayer trees during Advent to be especially meaningful, as I pray for another member of the community, and someone prays for me.