University Lectures and Events
- Earth Day Symposium: "Beyond Fair Trade: Global Poverty Reduction, Sustainability, Agro-enterprise, and Corporate Social Responsibility," Shaun Ferris, (CRS Senior Technical Advisor for Agriculture & the Environment), Don Seville (Sustainable Food Laboratory), Michael Dupee (Vice President, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters), Robin Abell (World Wildlife Fund), Ericka Reagor (CRS Public Resource Specialist for Central and South America), 4/22/10 (attendance: 500 approximately)
- Student Organizing on Climate Change: From Campus to Capitol Hill. Chris West, CRS Lead Organizer, 4/22/10 (attendance: 20)
- The Economic Crisis & The Common Good: Local & Global Dimensions. William Greider (keynote); Breakout Session Presenters: CRS: Dorrett Byrd and Candice Harris; Faculty Presenters: A. Maria Toyoda, Eugene McCarraher, Peter Zaleski, Rick Eckstein, Markus Kreuzer, Catherine Wilson, 4/6/10 (attendance: approximately 700)
- "Improving the Quality of Life for Orphans and Vulnerable Children in Haiti," Leonardo Shamamba, M.D. (CRS HIV & AIDS Outreach Coordinator Port au Prince, Haiti), co-sponsored by the College of Nursing, 9/21/09 (attendance:250)
- Fall 2009 Faculty Workshop: Deconstructing the Economic Crisis: Shaun Ferris, CRS Senior Technical Advisor for Agriculture & the Environment and C. Sean Closkey, Executive Vice President, The Reinvestment Fund, 9/29/10 (attendance: 40)
Curriculum Global Solidarity Network Sessions
- Spring 2010: Human Trafficking - 7 classes participated. Food Security - 2 classes participated. Refugees & Displaced Persons - 3 classes participated.
- Fall 2009: Development 101 - 4 classes participated. Human Trafficking - 8 classes participated.
CRS Classroom Guest Lecturers
- "Human Trafficking in Sri Lanka," Fr. George Sigamony, Director, CRS/ Caritas Sri Lanka, (Class: Modernity & its Discontent, Class: The Option for the Poor), 3/23/10
- Joseph Catuzzi '11 (VSB), Jennifer Maez '11, Maria Zumarraga '11 (Political Science), CRS Northeast Regional Office, Fall 2009
- University Dining Services: Contract with Pura Vida Coffee (exclusively fair trade corporation) in support of university mission and partnership with CRS. Fair Trade coffee is available in all university dining facilities