Resource of the Month
Year of Faith: Thinking About the Sacraments
- Fr. Michael Himes presents an enthusiastic, and informative presentation on "Why We are a Sacramental People." He explores the Augustinian view that "everything we can encounter can be a sacrament." Treat yourself to this 45-minute video. You will never look at our graced world the same way again!
- Full Initiation into the Roman Catholic faith community is ritualized through the Sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation, and Eucharist. Msgr. Liam Bergin focuses on the Sacrament of Confirmation answering "Why Confirmation Matters." He gives a brief historical account of the Sacrament, a biblical basis for the anointing in the Holy Spirit, and the commission to share in the preaching and teaching of Jesus Christ.
St. Augustine urged his followers to search for God together, one in mind and heart. In that same spirit, the Center for Spirituality and Discernment at Villanova University provides opportunities for individuals to encounter God in their relationships with self, others and the world community.
The Center for Spirituality and Discernment:
- Reverences the spiritual journey of all peoples;
- Supports individuals to accept and channel their restlessness into positive and constructive expressions of community;
- Accompanies restless hearts as they encounter, alone and with others, someone greater than self;
- Fosters the Augustinian understanding of interiority as a discovery of self and the ever present God within whose image and likeness the human person has been made;
- Invites all to experience the Gospel of Jesus Christ and share stories of faith through conversation, worship, prayer, and service.